Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Ja ,the melodrama and mystique being conjured up all the time.

Evans is nothing but a lucky bugger with sheer guts and determination who in time will be in the same boat as the rest of his doping cronies.

Evans is cool. The oldest dude to take yellow.

He has a few years left to race.

I'm a fan.

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's as may be but trying winning a bike race when you are pilled up. You'd probably overheat and cook your insides if you didn't get off at the water point and start hugging the volunteers.

Haha!

I am not sure I understand the reason they harp on about plasticizers.

They are in just about all plastic or pvc product we use.

For example water bottles.They leach out into the water or drink and enter our system

How can they only indicate a blood transfusion?

There must have been a reason they escalated that blood test to a lab that would find those minuscule quantities, perhaps something to do with the biological passport?

The only people harping on about plasticisers are the eggspurts on the interweb :o

If its microscopic particles why cant they enter the blood via the stomach etc - after all that's how tablets/medicines/drugs work.

There is also the Anus route but that's getting a bit anal.

Edited by kosmonooit

Plasticizers found in blood or urine will have come from a IV bag and not a water bottle because when you eat or drink from something stored in plastic it goes through the digestive system and should not leak into the bloodstream. They probably also look for medical grade plasticizers that hold blood.

Thats the point.

Heaps of chemicals which we ingest end up in our blood stream.That's how drugs work

How does AC "know" it came from a steak?

Maybe he used Occam's Razor, and arrived at the inevitable?

"When you eliminate the impossible, then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Surely its molecules of the polymers that are picked up in the blood as 'plastisers' as such - that's a 'chemical' anyway ,I think this sub-topic needs further reading and gathering of facts.

There must have been a reason they escalated that blood test to a lab that would find those minuscule quantities, perhaps something to do with the biological passport?

The only people harping on about plasticisers are the eggspurts on the interweb :o

Because long before the presence of plasticisers was announced the only likely reason for the presence of clenbuterol all of a sudden in the middle of the tour was a blood transfusion.

Maybe he used Occam's Razor, and arrived at the inevitable?

"When you eliminate the impossible, then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

lol

How does AC "know" it came from a steak?

Dude AC knows exactly where the steak came from, the blerry butcher who supplied it even had to give evidence to the CAS.

On anudder note Darren....

Wonder why AC’s crew (cook) went to all the hassle of obtaining his steak from Spain while he was busy racing around France?

The cook claims that the meat in France is not the same and that he knew someone who was coming to the race from Spain and asked him to bring some steak. The steak came from a village near Burgos in NE Spain, AC was in Pau France at the time which according to Google is 372 km away or a 3 Hr 49 minute journey.

Surely a team like Astana had means and resources to get a decent steak somewhere closer to where he was at the time?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/astana-have-receipt-for-contadors-steak-says-cook

Medication is designed to enter the Stomach, Plastics are not . Chemicals I agree will enter the bloodstream. As i said they must have a test for the type of Plasticizers used in blood doping

Plasticizers ar not plastic but chemicals added to the plastic or pvc to make them soft.

IE New car smell is the leaching out of the chemicals from a new car

IE New car smell is the leaching out of the chemicals from a new car

Mostly the glue used on the upholstery.

Dude AC knows exactly where the steak came from, the blerry butcher who supplied it even had to give evidence to the CAS.

On anudder note Darren....

Wonder why AC’s crew (cook) went to all the hassle of obtaining his steak from Spain while he was busy racing around France?

The cook claims that the meat in France is not the same and that he knew someone who was coming to the race from Spain and asked him to bring some steak. The steak came from a village near Burgos in NE Spain, AC was in Pau France at the time which according to Google is 372 km away or a 3 Hr 49 minute journey.

Surely a team like Astana had means and resources to get a decent steak somewhere closer to where he was at the time?

http://www.cyclingne...steak-says-cook

I know some people who would kill for a Botswana fillet