Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

The fact is he could not draw absolutely any performance or any other benefit for such a small dose of Clem once off. That's why I am saying here, in this case, he was not cheating or doping. But whether its a side effect from some other shenanigans we will never know. The likely hood it was contaminant, the judgement said that.

He should not have put all his eggs in the steak basket without being able to prove it.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is he could not draw absolutely any performance or any other benefit for such a small dose of Clem once off. That's why I am saying here, in this case, he was not cheating or doping. But whether its a side effect from some other shenanigans we will never know. The likely hood it was contaminant, the judgement said that.

He should not have put all his eggs in the steak basket without being able to prove it.

AS I said before, yes they found a small dose, but they caught it at the latter stages.

Is it possible that the sensationalism around drugs and doping makes cycling more popular, like those many housewives watching their soap operas?

Ullrich admits that he had indeed been in contact with Fuentes but does not expand on the dealings.

"I know that that was a big mistake that I regret very much," he stated. "For this behavior, I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone - I'm very sorry. Looking back, I would act in certain situations during my career differently."

How do you know this? Its not like he admitted it...

I don't know this, that is my theory.

It's a guess I surmise.

I have said it repeatedly, my stance would have been different if he didn't use the piss poor steak excuse.

Yes the half life is a few days but surely it would have shown up in earlier tests if he had been taking it for performance enhancing reasons? But as the Doc says in that video I posted, it has to be taken repeatedly for it to work.

Yes the half life is a few days but surely it would have shown up in earlier tests if he had been taking it for performance enhancing reasons? But as the Doc says in that video I posted, it has to be taken repeatedly for it to work.

its more likely his masking agent failed...

its more likely his masking agent failed...

Not likely. They test for all masking agents that would hide the use of clenbuterol. The most likely case is that he infused blood taken from earlier in the year when he was using clenbuterol.

Saxobank used Berto in their recent ad campaign.

Tagline like "standing by you in good and bad times... including our cyclists..."

That's a fresh approach to managing a brand.

Never seen that before.

Saxobank used Berto in their recent ad campaign.

Tagline like "standing by you in good and bad times... including our cyclists..."

That's a fresh approach to managing a brand.

Never seen that before.

Hee,Hee, that is quite unique. Thinking out of the box at its best I would say.

Hee,Hee, that is quite unique. Thinking out of the box at its best I would say.

Saxo Bank show support for Contador

By: Peter Cossins Published: February 13, 12:02, Updated: February 13, 12:05 Edition: First Edition Cycling News, Monday, February 13, 2012 Race: Tour de France

Do you like this? Tweet

http://cdn1.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/01/25/2/bettiniphoto_0096431_1_full_220.jpg

Kisses for Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank)

view thumbnail gallery

Uses banned team leader to promote their services in L’Equipe ad

Saxo Bank have shown their support for Alberto Contador by using the Spaniard to promote their online banking services in an advert that appeared in Sunday’s edition of L’Equipe. The full-page ad featured Contador on the verge of taking a stage win with a huge smile on his face and framing the Saxo Bank name on his jersey. The slogan across the image reads: “Opportunities often present themselves in times of crisis.”

Reports suggest that Saxo Bank team boss Bjarne Riis encouraged his main sponsor to show their support following last week’s confirmation of Contador’s two-year ban after he tested positive for clenbuterol at the 2010 Tour de France. Further down the page, the Danish bank’s ad reads: “We support clients in their moments of success and also of difficulty, and this is equally valid for our riders.”

There was also support for Contador closer to home. More than 2,000 people joined a demonstration in his hometown of Pinto, south of Madrid. Many wore masks and took up the chant, “We’re all Alberto Contador!” Early in the afternoon, the man himself made an appearance after returning from his training ride. He thanked the demonstrators for their support.

There was also a much smaller demonstration in Valladolid. Around a 100 cyclists carried banners showing their support for Contador, including Vuelta a Castilla y León organiser José Luis López Cerrón, who bought the much-debated steak that Contador ate the night before his positive test.

Many others have also expressed their support for Contador in a variety of ways. Pinto’s football team has changed its team strip to pink and yellow colours to honour the Spaniard’s 2011 Giro and 2010 Tour victories, which have been stripped as a result of his ban. Pinto’s council has passed a resolution declaring the town’s support for its most famous son.

Edited by TNT1

So...

Seeing as Contador has been banned, Saxobank have lost all of the points that he gained during the time period in question.

They now have to go to a commision to see if they still qualify as a Worldtour team without Contadors 68% of the teams points.

I don't think it's as easy as that. Obviously Contador was their main man, so if they didn't have him, they would've had another team leader who would've scored points. They all worked for him and gave up their own possible personal points.

That said - who will be their new interim leader or will they go for stage wins and break-aways?!

Saxo Bank show support for Contador

blah.blah.blah............

http://jerkmag.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/yawn.gif

Berto's hometown soccer team in Pinto is changing their club colours to pink as a gesture of support after his Giro crown was taken off...

Passionate Spanish!

Berto's hometown soccer team in Pinto is changing their club colours to pink as a gesture of support after his Giro crown was taken off...

Passionate Stupid Spanish!

Fixed.