Commuters: How much pimp is too much pimp?

Christopher Brunsdon

So my beloved ride is now finally a commuter as thats all I got time for. So I've been spending my money on adding a few odds and ends to make it a better commuter.

I got a pannier rack (well actually part of the child seat)

I got my pannier bag

My little bag that dangles over the topbar for my keys & phone is being collected tomorrow.

My mirror is going to be ordered this week.

I got a tool set in a cylindrical container that fits into one of the two bottle cages.

I got a THE mud catcher.

My U-Lock is on order.

My Brooks is next on the list.

Question is, where does one draw the line? How much pimp is too much pimp? Is it Hubber acceptable to have my bike admired by the local farm workers? I had one garden executive jizz in his pants when he saw my ride last week, he was wrapping off in his muther tongue (I'm too ignorant to learn another language) about how cool my bike is.

I will add that fitting a radio to my bike is considered a bit too much pimpage at this stage, but I never know

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no such thing as "too-much-pimping"

Ag what the hell, if you really want to go all out why not get pink tassles that come out from the side of your handle bars.........that will geteach and every garden executive looking for a new pair of rods :drool:

aaaahh that sounds SO cool! post a pic, will you?????

Not sure Cat im feeling kinda sad to see a mountain beast turned into a road whore.

Don't forget the old number plate and rubber mudflap at the back.

Extra points for covering said mudflap with reflectors - you can never be too visible.

And of course don't forget the radio aerial - just for the extra bit of bling.

Check out those air horns on CRC. I think they are 120 decibels, enough to scare the hell out of those idiots who try and open their doors on you, or consider changing lanes in front of you. Ngala24 has one, around R200 bucks and worth it for the traffic. Check out Brad Jackson's Podio if you want tjoons.

No radio attached to the top tube?? Come on guy! lol

let's see a pic + pricing if you dont mind. Been toying with getting a commuter myself and would be keen to know what all the extras amount to?

It is only over pimped when you cannot cycle it up the hill. The idea of commuting is to ride the whole way to the destination.