Rider Killed in Cape Town Doordrift Road

Bike Mob

Does anyone have any more details?

My dad drove through this morning and saw a rider sprawled out on the road and the road is now closed.

My condolences :(

Edited by Tarmac-SL3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2. This is getting out of hand again. Why can't the lazy f**kers that sit behind the wheels of their cars, just take a chillpill and relax. It is WELL known that around this time of the year, there are more cyclists on our roads. Why not let us have our 3 weeks of added cyclist traffic, you have the roads for the other 49 weeks of the year.

This really saddens me that another fellow rider has fallen victim of the idiots on our roads. My prayers go out to his family.

Edited by I-FELT-the-FORCE

Tarmac,

Doesn't sound good for the rider.

May he/she be well and in recovery.

:unsure:

Its sad to hear about this, and even sadder that leading up to the Argus we continue to get regular reports of cycling deaths. Condolensces to the family.

Was it an injury or an actual death? Regardless, my best wishes to the family and the cyclist.... Hope and pray it was just and injury and not a death....

The more we rant about drivers that has no consideration for cyclist, the more the city leaders will hear our plea and make a change.... Already happened in the Milnerton area, just hope it flows over to the Southern and Northern Suburbs very fast.....

The cyclist who was knocked down was an ADT bicycle patroller. Happen at 5 am while the poor fellow was doing his rounds. He died on the scene, while the car sped off without stopping. Cops are looking for the bugger!

The cyclist who was knocked down was an ADT bicycle patroller. Happen at 5 am while the poor fellow was doing his rounds. He died on the scene, while the car sped off without stopping. Cops are looking for the bugger!

Catch him and hang him in the town square!

Catch him and hang him in the town square!

Interesting. I've been wondering how long it would take for criminals to escalate their crime. Geez, sounds pre-meditated to me! I wonder if their is a link to this and a recent crime/bust in the area??

Sh!T

I was just thinking the other day that we have gone quite far into the 'Argus Season' without any incidents.

One in Pretoria yesterday and now this one.

It's difficult not to feel really nervous on the road after news like this...

Rest in Peace ADT guy.