Single speed projects

divernick

Help!

Trying to convert my bike to a single speed. There is currently a XT cassette on the hub and it won't come off. The lock nut is very very tight. I have the rights tools and just can't seem to get it off.

Any suggestions?

You need leverage....

I know this pic is of a crank but the same principal applies........

Hope it makes sense :P

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g361/lasseaux/Useful%20Bike%20Stuff/20121003_082143.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!

Trying to convert my bike to a single speed. There is currently a XT cassette on the hub and it won't come off. The lock nut is very very tight. I have the rights tools and just can't seem to get it off.

Any suggestions?

More power...

what grips you looking for? I have this

I will prolly get some ESI Chunky's.

Thanks for the offer, but those ergo thingis will not work for me.

Or what Bogus says. More leverage / more power. See if you can get hold of a hollow pipe and wrap that around the spanner or wrench. Then ensure the chain whip is 100% secured and wrench away.

Sometimes you literally need to wrench the thing apart. I don't know why some people put them so tight, but they do.

Hi Pieter,

My list has become really short.

Crank

BB

Fork

Front Chainring (not sure if i should stick with 34 or got to 32 for the bigger wheels.)

Grips

Thank you for the offer.

I have these crankset and BBs currently unallocated to a build.

Shimano DX crank and BB 46/34/24

Looks like this (I'll take an actual pic tonight)

post-3441-0-70754900-1392792526_thumb.jpg

This Cannnondale CX2 crank & BB with DIY direct mount chainring (also comes with spider with 42/29 chainrings)

post-3441-0-05511700-1392792641_thumb.jpg

I may also have a Truvativ Crankset & BB (Not sure which model), this depends on the crank length vs. the XT770 I may put on there.

Let me know if anything interests you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I'm about to finish building my first single speed. just waiting for the rigid fork. What grips should I use its a MTB

Thanks

Hi Guys

I'm about to finish building my first single speed. just waiting for the rigid fork. What grips should I use its a MTB

Thanks

ESI CHUNKY'S

eish my se senuwees is op, die SS word NOU as we speek aanmekaar gesit.

moes al gebeur het maar nouja, dinge werk nie altyd uit nie, so vandag is die dag, ek gaan hom later vanmiddag haal dan sal ek seker maar 'n paar draaie moet gaan ry voor sondag! LOL LOL

sal pics post, hy gaan nou nie lyk soos wat ek wil he hy moet lyk nie, maar sal beslis net EEN gear he ha ha ha

These...a must for rigid riders...its like a lazyboy for your hands

definitely wouldn't be hitting the speeds down dagga pad that I do without them.

definitely wouldn't be hitting the speeds down dagga pad that I do without them.

So you saying that you are fast? :ph34r:

yep or the nikita down or revenge or or or....they are that lekker.

So you saying that you are fast? :ph34r:

Should have seen him on revenge on saturday...nearly killed myself just trying to keep contact...but alas. Safari went down there like a bat out of hell

eish my se senuwees is op, die SS word NOU as we speek aanmekaar gesit.

moes al gebeur het maar nouja, dinge werk nie altyd uit nie, so vandag is die dag, ek gaan hom later vanmiddag haal dan sal ek seker maar 'n paar draaie moet gaan ry voor sondag! LOL LOL

sal pics post, hy gaan nou nie lyk soos wat ek wil he hy moet lyk nie, maar sal beslis net EEN gear he ha ha ha

Lekker, eks seker jy's baie excited. Post die pics as jy hom kry!

Guest Latent Blue

You need leverage....

I know this pic is of a crank but the same principal applies........

Hope it makes sense :P

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g361/lasseaux/Useful%20Bike%20Stuff/20121003_082143.jpg

Yossus! Mens sal n matroos van n h**r af kan draai met daai ding!!!