Single speed projects

divernick

Guest notmyname

Better post up my 25 year old bike project here... :)

Looked like this last week - credit where credit is due... he can out himself..

Frame2.jpg

Looks like this now - again - credit where credit is due... he can out himself.. or not - as the case may be...

SS stripped.jpg

Thanks for the help lads.. much much appreciated..

Collecting it tomorrow and by next week - hopefully will have some paint on.... and may even be ridable....

I suspect he's posted on this thread and has himself a pretty pretty SS.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

V12 what frame is that? I love the attention to detail grinding the cable guides off...

It has been customized so it isn't a frame you can buy ha ha!

I suspect he's posted on this thread and has himself a pretty pretty SS.

It's more than 1 ss owner... and they both have nice ones... :)

V12 what frame is that? I love the attention to detail grinding the cable guides off...

Its a 1989 schwinn sierra MOS frame - Same as the one grant usher tossed in a bin... owned it since new - been stolen twice and recovered twice...

this is its second conversion - I converted it to a ss about 3 years ago and took off all the gearing guides then - now we have added the sliders and taken off the canti brake cable guides and added mounts for hydraulic disk brakes.

I have a rigid syncros carbon fork waiting for it.

Frame was originally black chrome and thenI painted it purple and black when I did the ss conversion.

Now its going to go satin black with lambo green logos - thats my current thinking anyway.

So here goes...

It's that time of year and I'm wanting to build up a ss shredder for winter/ss champs. Going to move components across from an old trek fuelx that I broke one of the chain stays on.

Looking for a 26" hartail frame. Steel is real, ti is fly and alu is value. If anybody has anything they willing to part with please let me know. On a student budget.

Shot

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a SiD XX fork I want to trade for a Large Steel 29er MTB frame.

If you got anything to trade let me know.

Thanks

Did any one buy a flip flop hub? 

It seems impossible to find in Cape Town. 

Perhaps a wheelset with a flip flop? 

Can you spray alu or steel with airasol spray paint? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , not sure if this is the correct forum , but I picked up this bike today . Wanted to know if you guys have any idea which year it could be . It's still very dirty will start the cleaning process tomorrow .

It's marked Western Flyer Le Mans. The idea is to build a fixie . Thanks

post-78915-0-04237800-1436228243_thumb.jpg

Hi , not sure if this is the correct forum , but I picked up this bike today . Wanted to know if you guys have any idea which year it could be . It's still very dirty will start the cleaning process tomorrow .

It's marked Western Flyer Le Mans. The idea is to build a fixie . Thanks

Mid 70's is my guess - mostly because I owned one around that time as a teenager..

So this is what I plan to build , can anyone tell me where would be the best place to source parts for this build . Please note that I'm totally new to this . I'm attaching what I have and what I would like to build . Thanks in advance

post-78915-0-74622400-1436288202_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys

Awesome reading (and seeing) some of your projects

I'm planning on restoring this old Made-in-Southern-Africa Peugeot I found on Gumtree.

post-82915-0-18873400-1443453057_thumb.jpg

I am planning on keeping it as simple as it is now, powder coating it and replacing the decals and re-chroming all the shiny bits. I am not overly concerned with authenticity but would like it to look good once done.

Anyone have any advice on things to avoid as I embark on this?

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...