Single speed projects

divernick

If you want to upgrade the frame to disc, even though it doesn't have the mounts, I used one of these universal adapters on my old Trek SS and works perfect. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/a2z-universal-disc-mount/.

Yip, I've seen them, but for the cost of the adapter i got a set of XTR brakes and for a bit more a set of wheels......

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Rand Flyer' SS Rigid-

New baby is ready to roll!

On-One Lurcher carbon frame and rigid carbon raw fork, chrome Ritchey Classic bars, stem and seatpost, Brooks saddle and retro cork grips.

Waiting for the KMC gold chain.

Now to strengthen my legs!!!!!

Fook me that's a sexy bike, I think I just did something i shouldn't alone in my pants.

Now that is what my end goal is.

'Rand Flyer' SS Rigid- Update

Now finished, with it's gold chain and chrome pedals.

Put her through her paces at the weekend, beautiful, well at least nothing fell off........me or the bike with the lack of suspension!!!!! Wrists took a bit of a hammering.

Going up the wall in Alberts Farm, easy side, was not as bad as I thought. Glad I started with 32/18 and not 32/16 though.

Need to take one more link out of the chain just to stop the little bit of chain slap.

post-10227-0-33596300-1370853884_thumb.jpg

post-10227-0-45037600-1370853908_thumb.jpg

'Rand Flyer' SS Rigid- Update

Now finished, with it's gold chain and chrome pedals.

Put her through her paces at the weekend, beautiful, well at least nothing fell off........me or the bike with the lack of suspension!!!!! Wrists took a bit of a hammering.

Going up the wall in Alberts Farm, easy side, was not as bad as I thought. Glad I started with 32/18 and not 32/16 though.

Need to take one more link out of the chain just to stop the little bit of chain slap.

32 x 18 is a good gear to start in and you should be able to climb everything at the Spruit and Northerns. Is fun!!

Bike is looking good...

32 x 18 is a good gear to start in and you should be able to climb everything at the Spruit and Northerns. Is fun!!

Bike is looking good...

Hate the chaintugs, tensioning screws dig into the ali dropouts! Looking for a better design that has a shoe or a plate that rests against the dropout, think the Surly one will be better and has two skewer holes to give you more length for tensioning.

Also need to get better spacers for the freewheelhub as the chain line is not straight, getting away with it due to the extra wide halflink chain.

Hate the chaintugs, tensioning screws dig into the ali dropouts! Looking for a better design that has a shoe or a plate that rests against the dropout, think the Surly one will be better and has two skewer holes to give you more length for tensioning.

Also need to get better spacers for the freewheelhub as the chain line is not straight, getting away with it due to the extra wide halflink chain.

What spacers are you using? I went to the LBS and got a few old XT cassettes and use the alloy spacers from these. Works a treat and looks blingy too cos you can polish them.

what gearing are you running there? im looking at refurbishing an old roadbike to SS.

what gearing are you running there? im looking at refurbishing an old roadbike to SS.

Hi, running 18/52. Suits me perfect. Really enjoy riding the bike.

What spacers are you using? I went to the LBS and got a few old XT cassettes and use the alloy spacers from these. Works a treat and looks blingy too cos you can polish them.

SS spacer set that I got from On-One but it only has a 16mm, 14mm and two 2mm spacers. I can only use a 16/14/2 or the lock ring does not fit and I need to move the sprocket 2mm to the right ie. 16/2/2/sprocket/12, so the sprocket/cog is 12mm from the right.

My tensioners on my Inbred have a plate, I got them at solomons, hunt around a few LBS and you should be able to find suitable.

May need to buy a new spacer kit if the on-one not suitable, else do as divernick says

Bike is looking good...

Get spring loaded chain tensionar from cycle lab fourways

Get spring loaded chain tensionar from cycle lab fourways

It doesn't need a tensioner, it has swap-out horizontal dropouts....