Sub 3 Club Cape Argus 2011

andretraut

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes congrats to all. Even a 3.10 is great after factoring in Boyes now

did a 3:38 from J myself, and i will admit to doing alot of wheelsucking...fitness was nowhere near where it should have been. having your first child does crazy things :) hehe

i must say the group started at a fast pace...well it felt fast, cause i did no PPA rides at all. training rides and only get your so fit

WELL DONE you sub3 chaps!

I just got results from racetec searching under my name. Rode a 3:15:00 to the second. Fell away badly on Chappies and Suikerbossie. Wasn't my best strategic ride.... J group had a crash halfway going up Hospital Bend and splintered continuously thereafter. Still enjoyed the ride nonetheless.

Well done sub 3's - even with the perfect weather i noticed that the last batch to get a good number sub 3 was group E. Only the top 2 in group F made it and then 1 super fast time trialist in group L. :)

Goes to show that even in near perfect conditions a sub 3 is still a very special achievement. :)

3:00:18 from E Group.... aghhhh so close oh well have try again next year

Chaser - same here, 3:00:18 :o So close yet so far! The front guys in E were hauling it and got dropped with craming on Suikerbossie! We will just have to go back to the drawing board....

Well done sub 3's - even with the perfect weather i noticed that the last batch to get a good number sub 3 was group E. Only the top 2 in group F made it and then 1 super fast time trialist in group L. :)

Goes to show that even in near perfect conditions a sub 3 is still a very special achievement. :)

Well done everyone who did sub 3, especially the guy from L group :clap: :clap:

Did another sub three, my third, great to crack one out over Boyes Drive. In the final analysis I think Boyes only costs around 5 mins. Not bad considering that I did 38 training rides starting in Jan, and no real riding since last years Argus.

3:01 and came 25th in Group D, big jam on Smits when we caught the main bunch of C!! Next year I not going to be on the cusp, intend smashing it by 10min.

I just got results from racetec searching under my name. Rode a 3:15:00 to the second. Fell away badly on Chappies and Suikerbossie. Wasn't my best strategic ride.... J group had a crash halfway going up Hospital Bend and splintered continuously thereafter. Still enjoyed the ride nonetheless.

Howzit Tubehunter

Buchu and me did a 3:13 I think we did lose you on Chappies. That crash happened two bikes behind me, guy in front of me breaked, I breaked the guy behind me breaked guy behind him swerved and the guy behind him was half wheeling... game over. Buch tells me he had to bunny hop the one guys arm.

Yea I hear that, was already sitting in the front then..just heard the bikes tumble in the back...me being used as a pace vehicle again,lol!

What happened to u guys? Was waiting for you people, but then went in so long, few people pushed hard from the beginning so I joined them...just that stupid H bunch keep everyone up at Wineberg hill, breaking my whole momentum and losing some of the J bunch, what a chase I had to put in the catch on again, but caught them before boyes, me and some other guy 'Neil' worked together on the M3 then.

I started in F.

F's winner came in at 2:59 and 57 secs! :blink:

And the runner-up too.

Well done, riders! :thumbup:

results are up now! Just search for your name...or your age group within starting group (only first page of group comes up when you search entire group).

2H53 - Average of 37.97 KM/H. So freaking happy, but just missed the A group 2h49 bunch, they were 200m infront of me at 12 Apostles, but the 7 other guys with me didnt want to work!

On another note - I`m a serial cramper. I know you shouldn't try anything new on race day, but popped a rennie every 30min, and used concentrated Hammer Perpetuam (caffeine one)...and no cramps for first time ever, and my legs 100% today!

Tubehunter,

My strategy wasn't very smart either...

Pulled from the start like Darren Lill and fizzled out like a cheap fire-cracker on Chappies and beyond.

I burnt all my matches too soon. And I didn't have too many for this race with limited training time.

I laaik the fact that I backed myself over the 1st 60 kms.

Wasn't so close to several crash points. Yikes!

Happy to be going for my recovery ride now without any plasters or bandages.

Edited by AirBender