My stolen bike coming past in the Argus!!!???

Silverback Ru

If you have a photo of him on your bike post it and i am sure someone will know him and get him to do the right thing.

I have 3 photos of him from Actionphoto, but only copies and pasted is from the website, I should probably order one and post, I don't want to infringe on Actionphoto's copyright.

Then I will post!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had 2 bikes stolen now. my motto is klap first ask questions later. I cant wait to see either of my bikes on the road.

Was he going to fast to catch him?

From now on that's my motto too!

Don't they publish the results - number, name and time?

Get the name, cross reference with phone book. You can approach the person yourself which may be dodgy if he actually stole your bike or you could lay theft charges with all the details. Probably lay the charges - it isn't up to you to decide his guilt. There is a legal system for that.

Yes - he may be innocent but the law protects you too and the inconvenience that he may go through is one of those small prices.

If insurance paid out then the bike belongs to them - maybe you could let them know and have them pusue their recovery

Regrettably the bike was not insured......

You should've pulled him over right there. More speed, captain... ;)

Even if he unknowingly purchased the bike, it's still stolen property and he has no recourse.

Best is to do the footwork yourself. Police investigation will drag it out that by the time you're ready to recover the bike, it has probably changed hands.

Edited by Fester

Get his name from race results and check on Facebook.

Good chance you will find him there and message him.

Besides a photo, do you have proof that the bike is actually yours? Out of many thousands of bikes, there is still the coincidence of one being the same as yours. Do you have the serial number? That's what you will need.

Go onto pedal power website (www.ppa.org.za) and search for "Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour" and then select KK group and then find him in the list.

Ones you have his name then get hold of him via the internet. He most probably is on FB or just do a google search and you will most probably find something on him.

Also look at what other races he has done in the past and lets build a full profile on this guy.

Give us the info and we can help u track him down.

what bike did you have,cause if it is stock standard then all you are saying is the bottle cages are the same.give us more info?

A similar incident happened to a friend of mine.

MTB stolen out of the garage and replaced by insurance. 3 weeks later at an Adventure Race, some guy finishes on his stolen bike. Questioned from where he bought it, he answered Cash Crusaders. My mate get the guy's name and number, gives it to his insurance company and that was the end of the story. Nothing happened.

Go onto pedal power website (www.ppa.org.za) and search for "Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour" and then select KK group and then find him in the list.

Ones you have his name then get hold of him via the internet. He most probably is on FB or just do a google search and you will most probably find something on him.

Also look at what other races he has done in the past and lets build a full profile on this guy.

Give us the info and we can help u track him down.

Racenumber KK 22479, thats all I have!!!! See my frustration!

what bike did you have,cause if it is stock standard then all you are saying is the bottle cages are the same.give us more info?

Was definately not stock standard, that I can assure you! Saddle (Yellow and black Selle Italia)

I have a whole list of unique things about the bike!

Edited by Silverback Ru

Regrettably the bike was not insured......

but you did report it? If so, then you have a case number already.

Approach ppa/cycletour and ask what they need for you to approach him, you might need to do it through the cops.

but you have to be very certain it is yours. you mention bottle cages and bar tape - unique to your bike or from the store. what brand is it (lots of silverbacks on the road)