Formula 1...

'Dale

I sort of feel sort for Albon. I enjoyed watching him race. His overtaking was always well executed (except against Hamilton and the Alpha Tauri's). But quite honestly, he should not have been in that position racing the mid field with the car he had.

Some of the earlier stuff I saw of him in F2 was quite spectacular.

How long has Perez signed for. He was talking about a deal in 2022 if nothing came off next year,

One year deal, as reported. No doubt Albon has some decent race craft, but like you say, his car shouldn't be battling away in the midfield. I would actually have preferred to see him in an Alpha Tauri next season, so that we can keep seeing him battle away like that in the midfield. It keeps things exciting.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex comes across as an absolute gentleman an nice guy. He is a great driver too. Just not shined. He was very unlucky a few times with Hamilton that may have lifted his confidence and raised his game.

But F1 has no place to hide and the stop watch is brutal. Max exposes his team mates. Next up Perez.

Albon just wasnt ready. Plenty of examples though of drivers redeeming themselves after getting dropped. Gastly most notable, hulk and kvyat to an extent although he was dropped now again, but even Perez has been put through the meat grinder at mclaren against button before. That experience grounded him imo and made him better. How Albon picks himself up after this will determine his fate. I still think RB have sergio on a 1y contract just in case. They will put albon back in if perez doesnt work out. Unless Tsunoda turns out to be the next best thing..which he apparently is according to Helmut. I’m glad we have another Japanese driver on the grid, they always turn out to be tenacious drivers

Albon just wasnt ready. Plenty of examples though of drivers redeeming themselves after getting dropped. Gastly most notable, hulk and kvyat to an extent although he was dropped now again, but even Perez has been put through the meat grinder at mclaren against button before. That experience grounded him imo and made him better. How Albon picks himself up after this will determine his fate. I still think RB have sergio on a 1y contract just in case. They will put albon back in if perez doesnt work out. Unless Tsunoda turns out to be the next best thing..which he apparently is according to Helmut. I’m glad we have another Japanese driver on the grid, they always turn out to be tenacious drivers

Max clear #1 on a longer term deal, with #2 Perez coming in on a one year deal and if he performs well, will probably get renewed...RBR pretty much hoping Perez will be their "Bottas". I read somewhere that Helmut was even thinking about putting Tsunoda alongside Max, but went against that because a WCC battle is on the cards. Tsunoda no doubt has talent based on junior formulae, but I hope they don't put too much pressure on him to be the next Max.

Nope, apparently on Wolff to get it done.

Expensive being vegan so Lewis wants lots of money......

I see Wolff has just signed for another 3(iicr) years. I will be surprised if he doesn't sign LH again but maybe just maybe they will surprise us.

I see Wolff has just signed for another 3(iicr) years. I will be surprised if he doesn't sign LH again but maybe just maybe they will surprise us.

Would love to know what Wolff's salary is at to be able to buy a 1/3rd share in Mercedes F1. Crazy.

Think Lewis signing is only a formality, un/fortunately

Would love to know what Wolff's salary is at to be able to buy a 1/3rd share in Mercedes F1. Crazy.

I think his wife is also involved somehow. Not sure if it's also with the F1 team but she definitely has something to do with motorsport. They also have something to do with junior racing because Seb's younger brother drives for them(The Wolff's) in a german DTM league.

I think his wife is also involved somehow. Not sure if it's also with the F1 team but she definitely has something to do with motorsport. They also have something to do with junior racing because Seb's younger brother drives for them(The Wolff's) in a german DTM league.

She owns A formula E team AFAIK

He's a successful businessman in his own right, and probably has a share incentive scheme over and above or in lieu of his salary. He also has existing investments in place so it may have been a switch, not a purchase with brand new money.

If i recall wolf had 20% already from the get go back in 2010/11. Lauda had 10%. Makes sense that Wolf probably bought the Late Lauda’d 10% to bump him up to 1/3. Merc sold half of their 60% to Ineos. Jim Ratcliffe Having a 1/3 stake in a formula 1 team is not some angel investment bs. There smoke here lol.

Ill call it now, this was the first step for Daimler getting out sooner rather than later. They’ll sell that last 30% to Wolf and Radcliffe (or Ham even?) at some stage. With bio fuels a big talking point for the future of f1, you cant imagine Ineos is just there for the sticker on the airbox. They are not merely a title sponsor. They are there now with a purpose.

If i recall wolf had 20% already from the get go back in 2010/11. Lauda had 10%. Makes sense that Wolf probably bought the Late Lauda’d 10% to bump him up to 1/3. Merc sold half of their 60% to Ineos. Jim Ratcliffe Having a 1/3 stake in a formula 1 team is not some angel investment bs. There smoke here lol.

Ill call it now, this was the first step for Daimler getting out sooner rather than later. They’ll sell that last 30% to Wolf and Radcliffe (or Ham even?) at some stage. With bio fuels a big talking point for the future of f1, you cant imagine Ineos is just there for the sticker on the airbox. They are not merely a title sponsor. They are there now with a purpose.

I didn't think Mercedes would sign on past 2022, but they did.

Makes sense that the way out had already been finalized at the time of signing then.

What is the Petronas and Ineos link, if there is. Surely they are competitors?