Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Trench across yellow route is still there, with unpassable mud on the other side. Best to ride over the dam wall to the paved road and then follow the paved road as it becomes the yellow route a little bit up.

attachicon.gifWP_20160616_001_stitchss.jpg

On Sunday the pipe was still open in the section across the yellow route, but it was easy to bypass since the rest of the trench had been backfilled.

That field of mud was not there... Fortunately the brick paved road provides an easy bypass.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trench across yellow route is still there, with unpassable mud on the other side. Best to ride over the dam wall to the paved road and then follow the paved road as it becomes the yellow route a little bit up.

attachicon.gifWP_20160616_001_stitchss.jpg

Why didn't you just bunny hop it?  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Today was so beautiful on the hills! When I last rode I heard the Trailblazers were busy working on new ST and today I caught my first glimpse of what they are working on. When will this be integrated into the current trails? Looks really good.

post-38519-0-09193300-1467573057_thumb.jpg

Today was so beautiful on the hills! When I last rode I heard the Trailblazers were busy working on new ST and today I caught my first glimpse of what they are working on. When will this be integrated into the current trails? Looks really good.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160703_113832c.jpg

Hi Rouxenator

If all goes according to plan we looking to integrate in about 3 years time. We thought we'd draw out the suspence and give the new trails time to compact nicely. (tongue firmly in cheek)

Seriously though, its all part of a number of build projects we have lined up for this year, some require authorisation from Dept Enviromental Affairs before we can go ahead. Once the trails are ready and the relevant signage is in place we'll put out a trail notice.

Should go to Jonkers...

:clap:  yeah, they can't handle trenches there with their orthopaedic shoes and dual sus bikes.

The entrance off bottlery road near Kruis padpost-51677-1468432714,735.jpgpost-51677-1468432724,3153.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Evening I'm new the the bottelary mtb trail what time can you start cycling and where is there no go area

.............. and where is there no go area

Just stay on the marked routes and you will be okay.

And make sure you buy a permit before you start your ride (unless you have an annual permit)

Just stay on the marked routes and you will be okay.

And make sure you buy a permit before you start your ride (unless you have an annual permit)

Got a annual permit