Stolen Giant VT2

Ebe

Not the same Niels guys.

Both old, but one is skinny and the other is not.

The account has been suspended because he has not paid for the hosting .... a little birdie told me ohmy.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Urban Cycles shop, thats run by Shaun( sound bloke), who used to be Shauns Power Cycles. I think with Daves its more a "trade-in "bike, I also doubt he would want to jepodise his 30 +++ year reputation going down the drain.

Its the guys that deal specifically in 2nd hand bikes and low end new ones that are involved.

I thought that the traded in bikes from Cycleshpere went there? The guy that we deal with is called Jerry (apparently Greg's dad?) They are close to (Shaun's) Power Cycles though.

There is only one second hand dealare that I know of and that is Andre's Locksmith in Crompton street in Pinetown. Some of those bikes are WAY overpriced...

Its looking even more dodgy now. I will still maintain it till I die, there are 100% guarenteed guys on The Hub that are involved with this.

I bet if you went to that shop you would find many people bikes, possibly they are syndicated with other scum in other provences and they just ship the bikes around and mix & match parts to different bikes.

Not the same Niels guys.

The account has been suspended because he has not paid for the hosting .... a little birdie told me ohmy.gif

Seems very suspect the day that he gets outed, then the account gets suspended. It would be interesting if someone else could go check out the store

Not the same Niels guys.

Thats why I was on it like 15min ago....cause he didnt pay for hostage....dodgy again!

Seems very suspect the day that he gets outed, then the account gets suspended. It would be interesting if someone else could go check out the store

Just don't go on your bike!

I thought that the traded in bikes from Cycleshpere went there? The guy that we deal with is called Jerry (apparently Greg's dad?) They are close to (Shaun's) Power Cycles though.

There is only one second hand dealare that I know of and that is Andre's Locksmith in Crompton street in Pinetown. Some of those bikes are WAY overpriced...

Thats correct , sorry should have said that, not sure if they buy in 2nd hand bikes off the street though. Weren't they in Shauns old shop for a bit?

See what I'm saying, they don't have the marketplace to sell off these stolen bikes. Have you been to Andres yet? Would be interested to see whats there.

Edited by Caerus

And yet there are reliable shops in CT like Avrons place where you can sell and buy your bikes in a legit manner.

This guy has been doing some dodgy deals for a while by the sounds of things. Why has nobody done anything to date? :huh:

The Cervelo P2SL used to be a time trial bike....now its a road bike....very dodgy indeed....

What I wonder where he find all these parts...

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Thats correct , sorry should have said that, not sure if they buy in 2nd hand bikes off the street though. Weren't they in Shauns old shop for a bit?

See what I'm saying, they don't have the marketplace to sell off these stolen bikes. Have you been to Andres yet? Would be interested to see whats there.

As far as I am aware they have always been in their shop at the old Lion Match Factory off Umgeni Road. I have seen them buy second hand bikes off the street. You can either trade yours in or he will sell it for you and take a cut.

As far as Andre's goes, they have been there for years. We ride past there on our morning training rides at about 5am. I have stopped and looked in the window a few times and phoned to enquire about the price of a bike but their bikes are over priced as far as I am concerned. They deal mainly in older bikes. Not sure where they come from though...

And yet there are reliable shops in CT like Avrons place where you can sell and buy your bikes in a legit manner.

The problem is how does the owner know its a legit bike.

I can walk in with my Santa Cruz and he has no idea whether its stolen goods or not

I would suspect that most of the shops selling 2nd hand bikes are probably without their knowing selling a stolen bike now and again

I can walk in with my Santa Cruz and he has no idea whether its stolen goods or not

I would suspect that most of the shops selling 2nd hand bikes are probably without their knowing selling a stolen bike now and again

They can get your details for starters and a copy of your ID. I know ID's can be forged but if it makes it that much harder to sell a stolen bike then it is a start!

Oh c'mon! Ignorance is bliss hey?

You can walk in with your Santa Cruz and you might get away with it, but if Gatiep in his plakkies walks in with NO IDEA what he is selling...If I was a shop owner, I would know how much a bike is worth. I would make hima stupid offer and if he wants to sell it at that price I will chase him out of my shop for damn sure - or better phone the cops tocomepick him up.

Edited by MJ loves MTB