• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

13173825_10156895950410331_6298711806282

One of the reasons I don't go to the cinema (main gripe is the knobheads who sit and play with their phones the whole time)

BTW you must be very lus for smarties at ZAR43 a pop.

Edited by fanievb

Crazy I know. Went to the movies sunday night for the first time in months. Tickets were R170. I snuck some biltong in instead of smarties and I was saying that a movie date could cost you as much as R500. Throw in dinner and Your night out could push R1000 easy.

Crazy I know. Went to the movies sunday night for the first time in months. Tickets were R170. I snuck some biltong in instead of smarties and I was saying that a movie date could cost you as much as R500. Throw in dinner and Your night out could push R1000 easy.

now if she rode a bicycle , WINNER :clap:

buddy of mine gets me tickets on some reward system. R30 for 2 tickets. Then we go to clicks for cooldrink and sweets.

Friends with benefits?  :blink:

@popcorn_skollie

hayleyearth

she rode/rides a bicycles

buddy of mine gets me tickets on some reward system. R30 for 2 tickets. Then we go to clicks for cooldrink and sweets.

My first real job was at the movies. Lets just say that there were more patrons in the theatre than there were tickets sold. Some of my friends would be there all day watching movies. I guess its payback for me now.

Anyone remember the name of that old movie theatre in CT (Caledon str I think) in the 80's where you could pay R5 and sit and watch movies all day?

Anyone remember the name of that old movie theatre in CT (Caledon str I think) in the 80's where you could pay R5 and sit and watch movies all day?

A mate of mine some years ago did a photo essay on a theatre like that in downtown Jozi. Street kids would scrape together the admissions money so they could spend the rest of the day out of the cold.

Tried to search for its name, but couldn't find it...did find this interesting read: https://johannesburg1912.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/theatres-in-early-johannesburg/ 

Guest notmyname

http://4a1okfz7n4z30t8ah15moqjp.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/hoursofculture-trailer27rv1.jpg

What movie was this from. It was hilarious.