• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

A Mind-Blowing photo of Dr. Leonid Rogozov performing surgery on himself in 1967. 
While doing scientific research in Antarctica, Doc Rogozov had his appendix burst. With no surgeon nearby, he decided to handle the operation himself. In the end, the Badass Doctor made a full recovery and went on to live a long and happy life.

18952972_764814727029744_618870727154835

A Mind-Blowing photo of Dr. Leonid Rogozov performing surgery on himself in 1967. 

While doing scientific research in Antarctica, Doc Rogozov had his appendix burst. With no surgeon nearby, he decided to handle the operation himself. In the end, the Badass Doctor made a full recovery and went on to live a long and happy life.

Badass level: Over 8,000

NEVER SAY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, don't think it's always as clear-cut. Worth a read http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/demonising-justin-gatlin/ 

okee dokee, have you been following the Bell Pottinger affair at all...this is a lawyer who defends dopers!

he casually forgot to mention how Gatlin's coach was a track equivalent of Dr Fuentes. Let's see how many sour apples we find in this basket

Many people will blame the predicament Gatlin finds himself in on Trevor Graham, his coach. To have one world-class athlete you coach banned for failing a drugs test is unlucky, two a coincidence. But to have eight caught taking performance-enhancing drugs? Graham's athletes collect plenty of gold medals but appear to receive just as many drugs suspensions, with Gatlin the latest in a long line of big names the Jamaican has worked with implicated in scandal.

Among previous athletes Graham has coached who have tested positive are six world champions, the shot putter CJ Hunter, the 400m runners Antonio Pettigrew, Jerome Young, Calvin Harrison and Alvin Harrison and the 200m runner Michelle Collins. In addition Tim Montgomery, whom Graham coached to the world 100m record, was banned despite never testing positive. Graham also formerly coached Marion Jones, who has faced doping allegations but never tested positive and has repeatedly denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Graham likes to portray himself as a whistle-blower, having given the United States Anti-Doping Agency a syringe containing the designer steroid THG in June 2003, which helped unravel the Balco steroid case, the biggest performance-enhancing drug scandal in US sports history. He was not returning calls yesterday.

This latest scandal could hardly have come at a worse time for Graham because he is being investigated by the federal authorities after Angel Guillermo Heredia, a Mexican athlete and a nutritionist, testified he provided steroids, human growth hormone and the blood booster EPO at the direction of Graham from about 1996 to 2000 for several of his athletes, including Montgomery and Jones.

And the 'my masseuse rubbed" cream on my butt story is about as believable as contaminated spanish steak.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/5237562.stm

Chicago Local #1 Iron Workers remake the Iconic "Lunch atop a Skyscraper" photo that was originally captured in 1932.

20258511_796534367191113_829578218776163

Such an iconic picture.

The major difference between the two is that in 1932 they did it sans safety harnesses 

I first heard about this story when reading the autobiography of this (now deceased) US doctor who diagnosed herself with Breast cancer during the Antarctic winter in the 90's. She took great courage from this guy, who is most definitely bad ass #1! - http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/23/obit.jerri.nielsen/index.html