Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

HI guys, I'm a newbie and would like your opinion on the Raleigh RC4500. I'm new to road bikes and new to cycling in general so would this be a good buy as a start and what should I be looking at paying for one. 

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, all.

I've been around the forum for a bit, and basically camp in the classifieds. New to cycling, and loving the MTB trails (so far just Majik Forest). Got myself a 2013 Mongoose Tyax Expert 26er as my starter bike, and I plan to upgrade next year to something a bit newer and possibly with bigger wheels.

I've had some issues with my bike in terms of punctures and mechanical issues (brakes), but these are now sorted and I look forward to riding the trails again.

Also, I'm a fatbike fan.

Cheers :thumbup:

Welcome dethklok.

I see your puncture issue is sorted, but if you haven't yet, first thing to do on mountain imo is to get it converted to a tubeless setup...

After the first ride you say, prepare to be bitten more and more.

Welcome!

I'm enjoying every second on the road. Went and bought myself a MTB aswell. :D  looking for groups to ride with in Vierlanden area.Not very keen on cycling alone through certain areas....

Hi All

I'm still new to the cycling world. Looking for groups or people to join Weekdays & Weekends for rides from the Vierlanden area.

Please give me a shout would love to get more seat time.

Hi All

I'm still new to the cycling world. Looking for groups or people to join Weekdays & Weekends for rides from the Vierlanden area.

Please give me a shout would love to get more seat time.

Hi welcome!

The thread you are looking for is here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/46285-durbanville-area-roadies/

There's an active crew of people who set up rides from time to time. Weekdays that side sees both the Sportsworld and CWC cycles chaps hosting rides that go out that way.

Enjoy the whole process of getting into it! It is properly addictive!

Hi everyone!

Been a lurker for just over a week now, and that made me decide it was time to buy a MTB.

So I picked up a second hand Merida Big Nine 1000 Lite as my first bike, and loving every moment on it thus far, with a Big Red Barn session already clocked.

Hope to be a meaningfull contributor in the future, and to meet some awesome people...any tips anyone might have for a newbie looking to build base endurance?

Cheerz and have a great weekend!

Hi everyone!

Been a lurker for just over a week now, and that made me decide it was time to buy a MTB.

So I picked up a second hand Merida Big Nine 1000 Lite as my first bike, and loving every moment on it thus far, with a Big Red Barn session already clocked.

Hope to be a meaningfull contributor in the future, and to meet some awesome people...any tips anyone might have for a newbie looking to build base endurance?

Cheerz and have a great weekend!

Welcome!

Long slow distance rides, increase the time in the saddle weekly and you will have a solid base

Welcome dethklok.

I see your puncture issue is sorted, but if you haven't yet, first thing to do on mountain imo is to get it converted to a tubeless setup...

Thanks for the rousing welcome.

I totally plan to go tubeless. I got a set of ghetto tubeless Nobbys from a fellow bike hubber, so that's going for me right now. I actually want to get a set of conties from evobikes. Going for R495 a tyre. Then just to get the labor sorted.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Hi all,

New here. I am Mitch, lived in this fantastic country which is South Africa quite a long time ago (too long actually) then in London, and now in the South of France (close to the Italian border). 

I therefore mainly practise MTB in the Alps (for those who heard of a race called 'La Transvésubienne' it's one of my favorite playground).

Otherwise, have got a Spe Camber that I've progressively upgraded.

Cheers and enjoy your we.

G'day everybody! 

Lurked around for a while, sold a bike here, bought a bike here. Now I am here.

Thanks for a great platform and excellent info/stories/guidance/laughs.

Happy dayz!