Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

Big H*

186 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

• Yes
    • No

Once again TNT1 you chose the simple way out, The ANC never created seperate living, squatter camps etc we inherited them and yeswe are still failing those living in them.

I'd rather live under these conditions than go back to your cosy world of the past as it did nothing for me

Enjoy it then!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:( unable to vote. company has sent me to Ghana and the IEC has made no provision for voting at the SA Embassy in Ghana.

Hmmm...

My staff came to me this morning (only 8 guys)

they all asked if they could work tomorrow.

When i asked them why they wanted to work instead of vote, the answer was the same...they all stated that the governement has done nothing for them and that they would prefer the overtime wages. At least it was something that they could use.

I asked them why they dont want to rather then vote for a party that they believe would be better than the party they had been voting for in the past, and they said they were scared to vote for someone besides the ANC as they didnt want to get caught!

To put it in perspective, these guys are contract cleaners and dont exactly make millions! they are "Blue Collar" workers that stay in Thembisa.

Slightly off track, but still Voting related. Had to go to Gordonsbay today to do a quote. Driving on the N2 past Strand I only saw ANC and Cosatu posters on the lamp posts, not a single DA poster (although it looked to me as if there were posters underneath the ANC/Cosatu posters as there were cable ties around the poles) Was the DA posters perhaps removed?

The ANC/Cosatu posters were on each and every lamp post on both sides of the road. Like I said, I looked very closely but could not see a single DA poster. I find it hard to believe that the DA did not put any posters up in that area.

Slightly off track, but still Voting related. Had to go to Gordonsbay today to do a quote. Driving on the N2 past Strand I only saw ANC and Cosatu posters on the lamp posts, not a single DA poster (although it looked to me as if there were posters underneath the ANC/Cosatu posters as there were cable ties around the poles) Was the DA posters perhaps removed?

The ANC/Cosatu posters were on each and every lamp post on both sides of the road. Like I said, I looked very closely but could not see a single DA poster. I find it hard to believe that the DA did not put any posters up in that area.

They did, they made shacks from them. Same as the Harrismith shack. And they say the DA won't deliver :huh:

This corrupt government has given me the right to vote, to stay where I choose, to educate my kids where I want to, has tarred all the streets in Soweto,has given me the right to go where and when I want to, and many more options I ever had under the old government. I am the first to admit that they are corrupt, yet they still get my vote, show me what the DA has done for my people, In the lovely Cape the two squatter camps ae getting bigger by the day, why?

'WHY' you ask!

Simply put, the WC is the best run Province. All and sundry are flocking here for jobs, housing and service delivery. 'WHY' dont they all go back to their respective provinces!

I actually cant wait to cast my vote.

Some people live in the past. This is 2011.

I'd rather live under these conditions than go back to your cosy world of the past as it did nothing for me

Snap out of it MALLO! We are never going back to Apartheid. Dont be so afraid to break from tradition and look at the facts. Apartheid can and will never return if you vote for another party e.g the DA

I am part of the government- some people only see what they want Caerus, you expecting us to change 48 years of seperation within a space of 17 years, the DA has put blinkers on themselves, show me the tangables they have created in the Cape townships.

I have more respect for the tannies down in Sannieshof who have taken their rates and taxes from the ANC led council and showed the ANC how to run a town efficientlythan I do for the DA

Judging by your comments made here you are clearly a part of the government, you must be on the take just like the rest of them, I want, I want, I want, give me, give me, give me...

FFS catch a wake up dude, you say those tannies down in Sannieshof took the rates and taxes and then sorted out their town themselves. Is your ANC comrades too goddam thick to learn a thing from them or possibly employ them in place of your oxygen thieves that were there originally???

The only way you people get votes is by feeding your fellows a load of *** on how they will get caught not voting for the ANC, or the ancestors will be upset.... Listen to the shite your government feeds your people, what scares me is they believe it!!! How stupid do you have to be???

I firmly believe the reason why education is so crap amongst the "masses" is to keep you ANC people in power, if you educate your people properly in the townships I can assure you the ANC wont be around for many more years or have the power they do because all they live on now is empty promises.

If the ANC werent a bunch of lying, stealing, dishonest goons they would get my vote no matter what colour they were.

17 years of crap and they still get voted for, simple tactics really... give them a promise, a t-shirt and a few new houses to breed in to ensure future elections are won.

Judging by your comments made here you are clearly a part of the government, you must be on the take just like the rest of them, I want, I want, I want, give me, give me, give me...

FFS catch a wake up dude, you say those tannies down in Sannieshof took the rates and taxes and then sorted out their town themselves. Is your ANC comrades too goddam thick to learn a thing from them or possibly employ them in place of your oxygen thieves that were there originally???

The only way you people get votes is by feeding your fellows a load of *** on how they will get caught not voting for the ANC, or the ancestors will be upset.... Listen to the shite your government feeds your people, what scares me is they believe it!!! How stupid do you have to be???

I firmly believe the reason why education is so crap amongst the "masses" is to keep you ANC people in power, if you educate your people properly in the townships I can assure you the ANC wont be around for many more years or have the power they do because all they live on now is empty promises.

If the ANC werent a bunch of lying, stealing, dishonest goons they would get my vote no matter what colour they were.

17 years of crap and they still get voted for, simple tactics really... give them a promise, a t-shirt and a few new houses to breed in to ensure future elections are won.

Zuma just needs all his wives and kids to vote for him and he will win the next election :lol:

am definitely voting but priorities first.as in a nice long ride first

Nothing so exciting for us. I am not allowed to ride yet after the operation. Will try to finish unpacking my tools and finish the workshop.

Mallo,

You are brave to speak your view here that is unique.

Admirable.

It is true that South Africa is beautiful and complex.

She has come miraculously far without a massive annihilation of the implementors and followers of apartheid.

She will continue to blossom.

Change is emerging around me wherever I look.

Sometimes amazingly rapid.

Mostly slow.

This corrupt government has given me the right to vote, to stay where I choose, to educate my kids where I want to, has tarred all the streets in Soweto,has given me the right to go where and when I want to, and many more options I ever had under the old government. I am the first to admit that they are corrupt, yet they still get my vote, show me what the DA has done for my people, In the lovely Cape the two squatter camps ae getting bigger by the day, why?

Mallo - Mandela and his era gave you all those things - hell if Mandela was still in power I would consider voting ANC. But the ANC of today is a tainted shadow of the "real" ANC. Today's ANC has slid into the dirty mire that is african dicatorships.

Rhetoric like the the ancestors will get you, if you don't vote for the ANC you're voting for the devil, Malema and his vile spewing hatred, Zuma and his knocking up of his buddies daughter, Siqeca and his loose spending of our money, Cele and his unauthorised use of our money on dodgy property developers, cadres being "redeployed" when their complete lack of skills and/or corruption is revealed - the "new" ANC is dirty from top to bottom and everywhere in between. All the do is talk, talk, talk, promise, promise, promise. All the current ANC is giving you is words - poor families can't eat words.

Edit: you don't need to take out word for what the DA has done in CT - it was the only district that got a clean bill of health (using the ANC's measurement of "healthy". Helen Zille was also voted mayor of the year - show me an ANC mayor that has been voted best mayor of anything...

Edited by Eldron