Hooray for riser bars...

Eldron

funny enough, a lot of DHers are lowering the rise used... some even run bars that look like flats.

Saving a few grams at the cost of control... stupid in my books

Patches: back in the real world, pragmatism has taken over from fashion.. riser bars are back to being the status quo. But i'm biased, i hate flatbars. Just dont see the point, but that said, it's subjective, so each to their own ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run 730mm Race Face Atlas riser bars on my 26er and 710mm Loaded USA risers on my 29er. Super comfy and you generally only knock the trees at Rietvlei once or twice before you get your line sorted.

True that!!! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I have the SLs on my Intense (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47035) and I've slammed through some pretty rough stuff and a few drops and semi-DH jumps without anything breaking so far... I hear you though Eldron, I do sometimes get one or two shudders when I contemplate the possibility of them snapping. They really are ridiculously light at 135g.

SLs are only available in 610 and 635mm unfortunately - clearly not cool enough for the dudes around here!

I love my riser bars and my bar ends :blush:

yip!me too.dont really understand what all the fuss about having bar ends on riser bars is all about

i had them on my Hadida but every single bump was throwing me off bike. back to flats (I am abviously a fun rider). no sweat. lol

i had them on my Hadida but every single bump was throwing me off bike. back to flats (I am abviously a fun rider). no sweat. lol

Hey Mart is that wrist of yours better yet?

Hey Mart is that wrist of yours better yet?

my active-recovery-against-my-doc-advice-therapy seems to work: it only hurts when I steer the car, not while on the bike – with the flat bar. There is Ritchey Rizer floating around here, maybe I will give it another try.

lol @ bar ends

i can remember those purple anodised ones that really looked like bull horns!

think at one stage frenchies were selling ano blue as well... HARDCORE!

love the comment on tree hugging LOL

I love my riser bars and my bar ends :blush:

Im with eyecandy i run rizers with bar ends, risers probably dont climb as well but i suck at climbing anyway, they rock in the tech stuff, and the barends are for my comfort on long rides not used as a fashion statement.

That said i have ergon grips with the short bar ends so they dont look like spaghetti noodles that can poke a fellow rider in the eye.

Edited by covie

Im with eyecandy i run rizers with barends, 1 risers probably dont climb as well but i suck at climbing anyway, they rock in the tech stuff, and the barends are for my comfort on long rides not used as a fashion statement.

That said i have ergon grips with the short bar ends so they dont look like spaghetti noodles that can poke a fellow rider in the eye.

Climbing is about the only thing i can do :P

jeeez lucky you, i use the most ingenious list of superlatives as i climb and i suffer through it mainly becuase climbing is sort of a prequisite to going down again lol

I can barely climb out of bed :blink:

But I have risers with big bullhorn bar ends, and I am big enough to ask this "If my bike is funny, imagine how funny it will be to watch you pick up your teeth with broken arms" :thumbup:

I stopped playing golf because of all these little unwritten rules, seems mountainbiking is heading the same way :(

jeeez lucky you, i use the most ingenious list of superlatives as i climb and i suffer through it mainly becuase climbing is sort of a prequisite to going down again lol

Im the opposite. Im not the best downhiller..... i need someone to blindfold me and remove my breaks :D

I stopped playing golf because of all these little unwritten rules, seems mountainbiking is heading the same way :(

Nah i think its more acceptable now than it was a year or two ago, you had the purists going on about straight vs riser and bar ends blah blah blah. But lately i see more rizers on bikes that straight bars, seems people are realizing finally that what you put on your bike is becuase of your personal prefrence and your enough of an individual, to do as you like.

Ive never been one for lemming syndrome, I dont do stuff because people tell me not to do it.

welcome to r1zr world bru :lol:

I have bar ends on my low risers - those Ergons with bigger palm rests and stubby bar ends. Frankly I am not bothered by the looks and the fact that my hands are pain free on longer rides is all that concerns me.