Riding up the DOWNhills at Tokai

grb285

Need to be off the berg by 5.

... and a good excuse it was, you still got permission! What was it, you got mugged? Flatted? Cut your knee?

See you there. If you not too dirty, I'll shuttle you down to the boom..

Later

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the whole point of "extra mural" activities is that you DON'T tell your wife about them?!

*facepalm*

The usual, after multiple missed calls, you didn’t tell me would be home so late, it's dark and table mountain is dangerous, how do you see where you are going, who were you riding with, what would have you have done if something happened, are you stoopid and the clincher……FINE, I wont worry about you then!

In retrospect, saying that I have big life insurance, and that she would live like a queen if I pegged, wasn’t smart!

Edited by Chubba

Guest Omega Man

We have vehicle access. Roads have been off limits due to the rain, too slippery for Tatas with naf winter blanki's. (Forestry have been scraping the roads so we gotta apply caution, level 3 is still porridge.)

Could we get a head count?

Omega

Wysocki

grb285

cptmayhem

Chubby, +2

DJR

Daneger

If everyone shows up, it will be a record.

The Tata is a beast fellas. You will see.

Guys, a huge apology from my side. My better half's just informed me that the wedding we're going to is tomorrow, and not Sunday :( I'm gutted.

So there's another space on the band wagon.

Sorry again guys. I was looking forward to getting my hands dirty.

Sorry guys, have to take a rain check. Wife is sick in bed and i have to take care of the little chap.

Got to gym earlier on, took him with me, now waiting for him to wake up from his morning kip.

:clap: :clap: Saw the guys there today hard at work the new track looks like it will be a nice ride :drool: cant wait. Looks like will be a good ride down as well as up , pity as then will be a hard choice the berm or the new track. Tried to get a bit of a vid of the guys but they were to far down from where I left the reign but might have a fleeting glimpse of them as i went down Vasbyt.

Again thx to the guys that gave up play time for work time to make new trails for us :thumbup:

Well, we got some lekker stuff done, and the detour on the way up (to bypass the berm and root sections on Vasbyt) is looking good. Just needs a bit of wetness and riding on it, and it'll be great. Also blocked off the route that peeps generally take when riding UP the top section, so that the point is kinda driven home. Signs to be erected shortly (I hope!)

And JW - I could seriously get used to your sled. Wasn't used to the feel of a lounge on wheels, but I started feeling the addiction later on down the track. As a bike to pop my DH cherry on... damn! Just needed to let it do its thing!

:clap: :clap: Saw the guys there today hard at work the new track looks like it will be a nice ride :drool: cant wait. Looks like will be a good ride down as well as up , pity as then will be a hard choice the berm or the new track. Tried to get a bit of a vid of the guys but they were to far down from where I left the reign but might have a fleeting glimpse of them as i went down Vasbyt.

Again thx to the guys that gave up play time for work time to make new trails for us :thumbup:

Pleasure mate... Come along next time!

Well, we got some lekker stuff done, and the detour on the way up (to bypass the berm and root sections on Vasbyt) is looking good. Just needs a bit of wetness and riding on it, and it'll be great. Also blocked off the route that peeps generally take when riding UP the top section, so that the point is kinda driven home. Signs to be erected shortly (I hope!)

And JW - I could seriously get used to your sled. Wasn't used to the feel of a lounge on wheels, but I started feeling the addiction later on down the track. As a bike to pop my DH cherry on... damn! Just needed to let it do its thing!

you popped what? eewwwww!!! :lol:

very nice meeting everyone, even Oh Mega Man again :P

but yeah, good day, soz I came a bit late guys.

Pain or Shine: damn interesting info shared with us there, and for some reason, it sounds more compelling in person than reading it off the net. Then again, the interwebs aint seriass bizniz..

I see some XCers are coming off the road up Vasbyt/DH3, instead of all the way up from the quarry. They going to miss the nice new trail we built for them today. Quel Dommage.

But I share Mayhem's hope them signs go up quickly.

just had a good laugh at what i thought was the funniest moment of today (except maybe that dude who tried to bumrush his cycling lady friend. she was super hot, but dude.. come on..:P )

anyway, about 4 or 5 of us trail maintainers very very quietly watching this XCer ride up what we just

maintained... and blocked off.

Mayhem, i wish u coulda seen the expression on your face..LOOOL :lol:

just had a good laugh at what i thought was the funniest moment of today (except maybe that dude who tried to bumrush his cycling lady friend. she was super hot, but dude.. come on..:P )

anyway, about 4 or 5 of us trail maintainers very very quietly watching this XCer ride up what we just

maintained... and blocked off.

Mayhem, i wish u coulda seen the expression on your face..LOOOL :lol:

Jees, was I that open? :thumbup: :thumbup:

Loved that little "excursion" we put the guy on.

And feck, was that bum-rush ever funny to see! It seriously sounded as if he had broken something!

Yeah, alot of fun was had. Will gladly do it again. Next week, okes?

yep mayhem, i was so surprised he got up! that cracking noise was damn loud. I bet Omega man njoi'd the front row seat on that bit of delightful carnage. B)

I thought it would be a good idea to post a picture of those magical dudes that do trail maintenance and building in Tokai. It took some stealthy investigations and cunning stalking, but I finally managed to snap them yesterday where they were fixing the up-bypass for the top of Vasbyt/Downhill 1. They seemed a real merry bunch that appreciated every Snow White that cycled past. It turned out they are a real diverse lot, and they even cycle themselves, riding anything from hardtails to downhill dozers.

post-17716-0-36743900-1307259641.jpg