Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Dunno how many birders there are on the hub but here goes.....

Just a couple of km past the turn off to the Karkloof Country Club you will find the Karkloof Conservancy. There are 2 hides overlooking wetlands. I quite often make a dawn patrol past the hides, followed by breakfast at the club and then a circuit on one of the mtb trails.

Here are few pics I got there

attachicon.gifJamesV Pintail Wydahs 2.jpg

attachicon.gifJamesV Grey Heron 1.jpg

attachicon.gifJamesV Yellow billed duck landing.jpg

On the first pic, how fast was the shutter speed? Those wings must motor to still get blur  :thumbup:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the first pic, how fast was the shutter speed? Those wings must motor to still get blur [emoji106]

1/640 s. I like to get a bit of wing tip blur in flying birds -looks more natural. That pic has a bit more blur than I would like. For small birds usually you need faster than 1/1000 s and for larger ones speeds from about 1/500 to 1/1000 usually OK. Often there is not enough light to go faster.

That lens tho! 500mm F4, probably price of a small car, the bokeh is incredible. But kudos to you for nailing the focus, exposure and shutter like that. I wouldnt know where to start

I just bought a Sony mirrorless for a walkabout and the mrs. I dont think it will replace my DSLR but its definately very cool with great IQ

I just bought a Sony mirrorless for a walkabout and the mrs. I dont think it will replace my DSLR but its definately very cool with great IQ

Which one did you get?

Really like the look of the A6000 also the A7s. Unfortunately out of my price range for now.

Picked up an Olympus EPL1 for R1k and it's a great little camera which will tide me over for now.

Just a A5000. wanted to keep it simple and small for the wife. Also, can fit in my back pocket with a pancake wide for when i cycle! can finally take decent non cellphone pics of those amazing sunrises over fish hoek :D

Wow. Thats some cool pics.

One day when i am big :)

Just remember, the bigger the cyclist, the harder they must trap.

Dear Admin,

I'd appreciate it if you could program this forum to automatically add a "like" every time a photo is posted by Wyatt. #justsaying

Agree