Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice shot. just a tab bit over saturated. pull back the blues and orange.

Agreed ...

But I am really struggling to find a baseline to work from and I blame the monitors at this stage.

I work on a shot on the laptop and it looks one way, lift my head or stand up and it looks different!

Copy and paste to view on the lcd monitor at work ... and it looks different!

HD TV looks awesome but different!

Phone ... looks different.

And that is even before exporting to FB or Insta and the apply their own editing.

What to do?

Agreed ...

But I am really struggling to find a baseline to work from and I blame the monitors at this stage.

I work on a shot on the laptop and it looks one way, lift my head or stand up and it looks different!

Copy and paste to view on the lcd monitor at work ... and it looks different!

HD TV looks awesome but different!

Phone ... looks different.

And that is even before exporting to FB or Insta and the apply their own editing.

What to do?

Calibration (for the monitors) is a good starting point  ;)

A very arb info graphic. In 1994 Kodak launched a range of 3 digital cameras. DCS 420. DCS 460. DCS 465 which was a digital back for a Blad. They were the first successful instant capture digital cameras. Successful as in many commercial photographers jumped to digital with them and made a good living.

Not even mentioned in this info graphic.

A very arb info graphic. In 1994 Kodak launched a range of 3 digital cameras. DCS 420. DCS 460. DCS 465 which was a digital back for a Blad. They were the first successful instant capture digital cameras. Successful as in many commercial photographers jumped to digital with them and made a good living.

Not even mentioned in this info graphic.

They just stuck with those 4 main brands (well 5 when they bring in Apple  :blink:)

Actually was it not done in conjunction with Nikon? My dad was the Lithographer who put together the Financial Mail covers for years - I roughly remember when Digital started to creep into the scene. This reminds me I'm getting on a bit  :blush:

They just stuck with those 4 main brands (well 5 when they bring in Apple  :blink:)

Actually was it not done in conjunction with Nikon? My dad was the Lithographer who put together the Financial Mail covers for years - I roughly remember when Digital started to creep into the scene. This reminds me I'm getting on a bit  :blush:

Answering myself: http://www.nikonweb.com/dcs420/

• 2 weeks later...