Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the last week in Madikwe Game Reserve, Helps having a sibling who works at a 5* Lodge...

Had great sightings of Lions almost everyday, but missed out on the Wild Dogs and Cheetah which was high on my list.

Here's a sunset shot which I had to do handheld, single image with 5D+16-35, iso125, 1/10sec, f22 for the sunburst.

post-67394-0-80395000-1462209937_thumb.jpg

And this was a hair raising moment, I got to watch my first successful lion hunt. There were 2 lionesses who took down this warthog, they executed it perfectly and it took all of about 5 minutes for them to get the pig. The warthog put up a serious fight and tried to get away a few times, but it finally gave up after about 40mins of being held down by the 2 lions. The squeals and cries really get you but this is nature and only the strong survive.

This image is the full frame, using a 70D + 150-600 Sigma at 435mm, f7.1, iso640, 1/2000sec

post-67394-0-45860700-1462211036_thumb.jpg

Hilton Railway Museum graveyard

I wanted to stop in at the Heidelberg Transport Museum last week, but was told that it is closed. Pity.

Love your pic.

post-2696-0-30166300-1462269489_thumb.jpg

My first serious attempt at the astro thing.

Changed the contrast and that is it.

Not entirely happy with the composition etc of the image - but it is not a bad start either. Need to do a bit more reading and tweaking and figuring out the development a bit more.

A Dragonfly I came across during our visit to Makaranga Garden Lodge on Friday.

Nikon D5200, AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm at 55mm, 1/125 seconds, f/5.6, ISO 100.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Fruitloop80/DSC_0890a_zpswzcv67ie.jpg

Took a drive around one of the neighbouring areas a little while ago. Used the same settings as I used for the Dragonfly, although I think I should have selected a higher F stop for this one.http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Fruitloop80/DSC_0868a_zpslrspfq9i.jpg