Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dangle, U must live right by me.. Was up on linksfield ridge the other night.. Got some sweet pics of greenstone and the highway and also of bedfordview (posted before) Even got a good one of Sandton and the alice lane towers. Found the best place to shoot from is the second bend..

Dangle, U must live right by me.. Was up on linksfield ridge the other night.. Got some sweet pics of greenstone and the highway and also of bedfordview (posted before) Even got a good one of Sandton and the alice lane towers. Found the best place to shoot from is the second bend..

Its an artists impression anyway

I figured as much. The pedestrians around the stadium must be giants if it was a real photo.... I am assuming that the stadium on the RHS is the old Greenpoint stadium?

I live in Midrand, wanted to go to Jo'Burg to get a night shot of the building I posted here, the wife insisted her and the kids tag along so I opted for a safer alternative.

Got to the boom and the guard asked me what I wanted to do, I told him and he kindly gave me a key for the gate at the top.

Gave the key back with a 20 buck tip :thumbup:

I live in Midrand, wanted to go to Jo'Burg to get a night shot of the building I posted here, the wife insisted her and the kids tag along so I opted for a safer alternative.

Got to the boom and the guard asked me what I wanted to do, I told him and he kindly gave me a key for the gate at the top. Gave the key back with a 20 buck tip :thumbup:

That guard is a legend.. The one always tells me I'm crazy when i do laps up and down. He hasn't offered me the key before though.. The other side of the fence is a danger zone. Be careful next time, plenty of bad asses lurking around there at night..

I'm really keen to go into JHB and climb on some roof tops like main street life or even buildings more in the city and take some shots.. The city isnt such a bad place, but not for the wife and kids i dont think..

Edited by Fruity

Are the night shots from up there??

Nice pics here, this was my first and probably my best ever astro photo, hope you like it :)

Saint, did you take this with one of your scopes ?

Are the night shots from up there??

Hi Fruity, yes they are, it was super windy so they are not as crisp as I would prefer :thumbdown:

The daytime one is from the old Top Star drive-in side.

The ones from your valley were taken with the Canon 24-105 mm.

Next time I will take the 70-200mm along and also my sand bag.

This is also from up there but with the wide angle 10-20 mm.

Quite amazing, same viewpoint, different perspective.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7063/6787924748_bb08e06872_z.jpg

IMG_9981 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Saint, did you take this with one of your scopes ?

Hi yes this was taken through a 10" Dobsonian Telescope

We had a company function at Randlords, on top of a moeg building in Jhb two weeks ago. The food was cr@p but the view made up for it. Photographers should really try and get up there...

Hi Fruity, yes they are, it was super windy so they are not as crisp as I would prefer :thumbdown:

The daytime one is from the old Top Star drive-in side.

The ones from your valley were taken with the Canon 24-105 mm.

Next time I will take the 70-200mm along and also my sand bag.

This is also from up there but with the wide angle 10-20 mm.

Quite amazing, same viewpoint, different perspective.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7063/6787924748_bb08e06872_z.jpg

IMG_9981 by OddPix1, on Flickr

That is such a lekker one.. I usually change my white balance to get rid of the orange skies and make the lighting look more "white".. I guess its just personal preference.. The sky in that pic is awesome..

You can actually get a feeling of how much electricity is actually used and thats just like 10% of Joburg in that pic, if that much..

What do you use a sandbag for (fairly new to this so dont know the tricks yet).. :whistling:

We had a company function at Randlords, on top of a moeg building in Jhb two weeks ago. The food was cr@p but the view made up for it. Photographers should really try and get up there...

People are usually pretty chilled if u have a camera or seem legit.. I'm studying architecture and we always go into the city trying to find things out or do some research.. Most people let u in and show you the way to the roof.. Even if u give them R20 or so..

Have to be careful though.. Nearly got into a punch up in Melville because we were taking pics and about 4 Nigerian looking guys started giving us trouble.. We later found out we were taking pics of the place they hide their stash for dealing.. ahhhh, I love Joburg... haha