ON UNRIDEABLE CLIMBS DO YOU PUSH OR CARRY?

Lucky Fish

I so want boobs when I'm reincarnated!

I know a good Cosmetic Surgeon for you, then you an enter as a shemale. lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The logic is correct but somehow I think reality may not work out as intended bwaahahaha.

Oh I just threw up a little in my mouth :wacko:

awesome...we start with pushing, and carrying...and end up on boobs!!! :clap: :clap:

it's good to be a man!!!

what was the question again?

Name please ;)

@ Agteros, too weak to break a chain :lol: :lol:

In 1997 extensive research was done with regards carrying or pushing your mtb. Taking into consideration the run-in angle, the gradient, the tortuosity of the trail, tyre tread type and bicycle weight - you either push or carry depending on which FEELS like less effort.

If I get off during the mtb Argus because all the roadie race snake types are walking because of a technical section, I push.

If I get off during Attakwas because it feels like I'm mountaineering and not mountainbiking, I carry.

If the obstacles are too big to comfortably roll my front wheel over them, its better to carry.

Technique I use most often is to tuck my shoulder underneath the point of the saddle and use my left hand to stablise the weight. I then have my right hand free to drink or eat something. If I really need to climb mountains, I have the double grip and bike on my back.

There is also good technique when pushing a bike. So often I see riders bent down pushing the bike forward by gripping both sides of the handle bar. It is far better to have one hand on the saddle and the other on the handlebar grip. You are more upright and can therefor stride easier and breath better. It also helps to see where you are going to pick the best walking line and relieves stress on your back and shoulders.

Alternating sides when you get tired also helps.

Getting some cross training in makes hike-a-bike sections faster and easier too.

In 1997 extensive research was done with regards carrying or pushing your mtb. Taking into consideration the run-in angle, the gradient, the tortuosity of the trail, tyre tread type and bicycle weight - you either push or carry depending on which FEELS like less effort.

That doesn't make sense. In 1997, mtbing wasn't populated by a bunch of pseudo roadie pussies. All mtber's rode up everything in the 90's.

If I get off during Attakwas because it feels like I'm mountaineering and not mountainbiking, I carry.

:o :o :o

But surely nobody dismounts at the Attakwas.

If i cant pedal dammit, I push..... :P and if the obstacles r too big to push, then the guy in front of me carries my bike :D

Lucky :lol:

Just push after i have rested a little

i push ma..

soos met sekere gedeeltes op die tru-cape en keeromberg rides

vir die wat die twee gedoen het sal weet!laugh.gif

Eye Candy Id offer to carry your bike for you anytime ;)

If i cant pedal dammit, I push..... :P and if the obstacles r too big to push, then the guy in front of me carries my bike :D

Running in cycling shoes, haibo ! :P

Would be cool to have a shoe with a switch that disengages the sole to make it bendable when you need to walk/run/climb