How the heck do you manage to wake up in the morning...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the heck do you manage to wake up in the morning...

I use an alarm clock. Yes, not a stupid phone, a good old alarm clock.

Well, i dunno how im gonna get up for my mtb ride on Sat. It starts at 6h30 :blink:

Get the guy in front to carry you ;)

Well, i dunno how im gonna get up for my mtb ride on Sat. It starts at 6h30 :blink:

If you are talking about the JMBC Tour of Jozi I will be the one dressed in about 10 layers. I have blue eyes because that is all that will be visible.

Yep, that rings true :rolleyes:

Pretty bizarre but I have also just done the "buy some winter gloves" thing but in order to literally kick-start early am rides I need toe warmers and there seems to be a shortage of them in the northern suburbs...

Too true - even worse when you're the one under a lampost :o

try the anatomic factory shop on Beyers Naude, saw some over the weekend when i got my gloves (btw i was testing them on mt motorbike to work the past two days and they are the sheet!!!)

ja, toe warmers next on the shoppinglist.

If you are talking about the JMBC Tour of Jozi I will be the one dressed in about 10 layers. I have blue eyes because that is all that will be visible.

Yip, that's the ride. Im the one with the green eyes :P

Ahem. Where is it?

http://www.weardirect.co.za/sites/weardirect.co.za/files/u3/Anatomic%20Factory%20Outlets.gif

Whats a Toe Warmer, why not just good socks? :unsure:

Ahem, mister "I need a heater cause it's dropped below 20 degrees"...

I never once used a heater as a kid at my folks place in Westville, Durban( I'm down the road now). The differance being one house is properly insulated, gets full sun all day long in winter, and has carpets in the bedrooms. This is also after living in London for ten years.

I never thought I would buy heaters for living in Durban, I even laughed at my mates that live in Hillcrest cause they use heaters, but as Eiger said, when you are used to warmth all the time a drop in temp is very noticable.

You know your offer of the spare room? It works when you come to JHB right as mid june rolls around... I'll loan you some "good socks" we leave for a ride at 4:30. OK?

in joburg winters a good pair of socks just dont cut it.

toe warmers are extra insulation worn over the shoes in addition to good socks.

The key is riding buddies. No one wants to drop a buddie standing under a lamppost at 5am freezing his bud off waiting for you.

Even better to have a girl or 2 in the group, it will make most guys want to appear tougher than they really are.

Anatomic also make artic fleece socks and ear warmers. :clap:

Ahem, mister "I need a heater cause it's dropped below 20 degrees"...

You know your offer of the spare room? It works when you come to JHB right as mid june rolls around... I'll loan you some "good socks" we leave for a ride at 4:30. OK?

All good, I'll bring all my UK winter gear. Seems a waste sitting in the closet, I have the finest winter gear there is, you do learn after a few winters in London.

I was just saying why not rather have one good pair of socks, I use to use snowboarding socks - Warm & breathable - I'll bring them with me to Jozie. ;)

So the Tow warmers are like booties? Neoprene socks that slip over your shoes?