Mr Morewood leaves Morewood…

Tumbleweed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in my mind.

I'm thinking the same thing, strange this. You wonder why he just didnt stay behind the scenes doing what he loved.

Not in my mind.

I concur. I reckon morewood bikes will not hold their value as once before.

Doesn't bother me. Was never intending on selling it. Ill give that bike to my kid one day, its THAT good.

Me think they will actually become collectors items .

Looks like Patrick became a victim of his own success :( Hopefully his handover has been carefully thought out and it doesn't leave the brand in a bad situation.

Interested to see what 'consultancy' ventures he'll be going in to. Would it be consulting back to Morewood in a design capacity / will he be venturing into other brands?

That would be cool....ill keep the frame anyways when I upgrade one day.

The question will be, BM or AM - which one are you?

Looks like Patrick became a victim of his own success :( Hopefully his handover has been carefully thought out and it doesn't leave the brand in a bad situation.

Interested to see what 'consultancy' ventures he'll be going in to. Would it be consulting back to Morewood in a design capacity / will he be venturing into other brands?

Hopefully.

I don't see why not. The Lynskeys sold Litespeed and it still has great success.

Hope he finished the design for that mythical full-sus 29'er...

maybe that's what kinda killed it. Morewood has/had the slogan "the bikes that downhill built"... and that's how they started off. Mean machines for riding the gnarly. Then came some legendary AM machines... and eventually the XC ones... including (as was stated) Taiwanese Bicycle catalogue types (like the Kwela). I don't know what the actual fact is... but being involved in mechanical design myself... that would kill it for me. Going from designing and hand building something in line with one's passion (remember, he was a SA DH champ)... to making something for the majority.... to outsourcing for the masses.

I hope so... my little Ndiza is rare as it is... now it's gonna be hit cult status!

Edited by patches

the next dave weagle? ok, DW never had his own brand but he had his DW link on a lot of bikes and now his split pivot design is also out there, keeps you designing cutting edge products and developing it further with a big brand behinbd you and then move on to the next deign.....?

Precisely ! We not worried at all but the problem is getting another one maybe . You never replace a Morewood , you just get another one .

Precisely ! We not worried at all but the problem is getting another one maybe . You never replace a Morewood , you just get another one .

You got enough bikes!