Private land, know your limits

(Deon)

thrown in a bush? HAHAHAHA. i somehow find that very hard to believe. dont suppose the offending bush was pointed out?

u guys are soooooooo priviledge to live in cape town... consider yourself really really lucky..... :whistling:

we'll you got a place to holiday then, that's pretty cool! In fact, the owl cottage could not be closer to the trail.. wait, it's in the trail! AND Cheap!

Stayed there for a long weekend, MAN! That is high in my books.

really? thats super cool P&S! ill definately check that one out for future reference!! yay!!!:clap:

Dude. You're so hyper. Next time break the blue pills in half.

we'll you got a place to holiday then, that's pretty cool! In fact, the owl cottage could not be closer to the trail.. wait, it's in the trail! AND Cheap!

Stayed there for a long weekend, MAN! That is high in my books.

Owl Cottage? .... Pray do tell more sah!

PoS, I'm seriously with you on this one. Illegal trail building just takes all the good work we do and slams it in the sh1tter. As does illegal riding (riding on roads marked no cycling) - it's all bullspit.

Dude, any trail building day (or personal health insurance on a protection-from-over-exuberant-trail-users standpoint) gimme a shout. You know I'm keen. I'm not afraid to throw my (not inconsiderable) weight around. As you know. Any of the trail users who gives you ****, as our official go-to guy and gatekeeper, does not know what he / she is endangering by being so belligerent.

We must seriously get control of the trails and make sure that they stay in the shape that they're in (as well as continue to improve) and ensure that access to and maintenance of said trails isn't scuppered by the (claimed) ignorant few. After all, it only takes one bloke with a spade and with no authority to dig, to dig in the wrong place, and it ruins it all for us. And that, we cannot have.

Guys - as a plea to all considerate(and inconsiderate) souls out there - please take to task the illegal rider, the illegal trail-maintainer, the illegal digger. If just one of us does that on one of our rides, and remains vigilant, then the chances of this happening again are reduced. Report it. If they're bogus, we as the proper trail builders and maintenance okes will thank you for strengthening our cause. If it's us that you report, we'll let you buy us a Mitchell's and then recruit you for the next trail maintenance day, where YOU can have a direct input on the maintenance and enhancement of the trails that we, as Capetonians and Tokai-ites have come to love.

/Rant off/

oh, gu sachet littering is another one.

it's got better, but seriously guys?! this is a baboon area too, lets not make thiings too hard for ourselves!

PoS, I'm seriously with you on this one. Illegal trail building just takes all the good work we do and slams it in the sh1tter. As does illegal riding (riding on roads marked no cycling) - it's all bullspit.

Dude, any trail building day (or personal health insurance on a protection-from-over-exuberant-trail-users standpoint) gimme a shout. You know I'm keen. I'm not afraid to throw my (not inconsiderable) weight around. As you know. Any of the trail users who gives you ****, as our official go-to guy and gatekeeper, does not know what he / she is endangering by being so belligerent.

We must seriously get control of the trails and make sure that they stay in the shape that they're in (as well as continue to improve) and ensure that access to and maintenance of said trails isn't scuppered by the (claimed) ignorant few. After all, it only takes one bloke with a spade and with no authority to dig, to dig in the wrong place, and it ruins it all for us. And that, we cannot have.

Guys - as a plea to all considerate(and inconsiderate) souls out there - please take to task the illegal rider, the illegal trail-maintainer, the illegal digger. If just one of us does that on one of our rides, and remains vigilant, then the chances of this happening again are reduced. Report it. If they're bogus, we as the proper trail builders and maintenance okes will thank you for strengthening our cause. If it's us that you report, we'll let you buy us a Mitchell's and then recruit you for the next trail maintenance day, where YOU can have a direct input on the maintenance and enhancement of the trails that we, as Capetonians and Tokai-ites have come to love.

/Rant off/

oh, gu sachet littering is another one.

it's got better, but seriously guys?! this is a baboon area too, lets not make thiings too hard for ourselves!

Yes, if you see anyone acting out of line, being rude to people, cutting corners, riding up the down sections, not following good trail park ethics and generally being a dick...then it's probably me ;)

Seriously though, call them out on it. Don't sit by and watch as others stuff up this amazing place. We need to respect it, and to do this we need to respect each other. And if you encounter aggro while standing up for our park you can bet it'll be dealt with. These kinds of areas need to be self-policing. We all need to keep an eye out for the one thing we can all agree on.

Also, with regards to littering. I'm tired of getting home from a session with my pack full of other riders' rubbish. If you brought it in, you take it out. What the hell do you need gels for at Tokai anyway? Regarding the baboons, they were there first. They have right of way. Be kind to them, slow down if they are nearby. Do not shout at them or give them food.

PoS, I've a couple of web designer mates if you need a hand with the site. I'd be happy to help out designing trail cards, signs etc. Even with a cash donation to get the ball rolling.

Shot guys