Carte Blanche TV

nathrix

409 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

• Yes, in Gauteng.
    • Yes, in Western Cape.
    • Yes, in Eastern or Northern Cape.
    • Yes, in the Free State.
    • Yes, in Kwazulu-Natal.
    • Yes, in Mpumalanga.
    • Yes, in Limpopo Province.
    • Yes, other (outside of SA).
    • Yes, in North West.
    • No.

I think you must add a item there 'Know someone who got robbed' cause there is a lot of people who don't even use thehub, to get a more specific number :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same mail from Carte Blanche and have replied

For those who dont think there is a syndicate, read on

My company phone is programmed to synchronize with our server at predetermined periods during the day and weekdays.

I got jacked 3 weeks ago just off Summit rd - R562, by the same 4 guys that nathrix reported yesterday in the same area. they took my phone as well

Whoever took my phone (wether it be some arb dude who bought it for R100 or someone else) put his SIM in the phone and synched it intentionally (or not) at 02h30 - after hours!

The next day all his contacts appeared in my Outlook folder on my laptop

The names are mostly of Muslim persuassion, there is a few international numbers of places in Lahore and then one called Boss

Digest that for a sec.

I will meet with Carte Blanch for sure to see if we can get deeper into this

I think you must add a item there 'Know someone who got robbed' cause there is a lot of people who don't even use thehub, to get a more specific number :)

Limited to 10 choices only. If you know of someone, ask them kindly to submit their story and perhaps post something here on the hub, it will take only 5 minutes of their time to register and vote or even post a reply.

I want people to be aware and a solution should be debated. If we have to read in future of someone being shot or stabbed to death or maimed for live or even just obtained a scratch just for their bicycle, mobile phone, etc. it will be on my conscious that I did not go out of my way and used all resources available to make the cycling community aware.

so 15% of all bikes stolen is nothing to worry about? If 15% of all air travellers died all planes would have been grounded indefinitly.

This poll does not indicate that 15% of cycling community have been robbed, only 15% of those on here and who decided answer. It's like asking on a motorbike forum who drives over the speed limit with their superbikes.

thats awesome! I think the sync was by mistake, cause some sync as soon as it gets new contacts, just change the email password so he can use your email adres for scamming or finding relatives...

I posted this in MTB_Roadie's thread. The Star is also interested in doing a story. E-mail details to candice(dot)bailey(at)inl(dot)co(dot)za

My company phone is programmed to synchronize with our server at predetermined periods during the day and weekdays.

I got jacked 3 weeks ago just off Summit rd - R562, by the same 4 guys that nathrix reported yesterday in the same area. they took my phone as well

Whoever took my phone (wether it be some arb dude who bought it for R100 or someone else) put his SIM in the phone and synched it intentionally (or not) at 02h30 - after hours!

The names are mostly of Muslim persuassion, there is a few international numbers of places in Lahore and then one called Boss

Digest that for a sec.

:clap: ! 1st steps of picking up leads and notifying Carte Blanche TV.

This poll does not indicate that 15% of cycling community have been robbed, only 15% of those on here and who decided answer. It's like asking on a motorbike forum who drives over the speed limit with their superbikes.

Mampara let me say this again NO **** SHERLOCK. Read the above posts, and no there is no way we will ever get a proper percentage since not all bikes are registered on a database and reported stolen on a database.

It mere states that a crapload of people on the hub that saw this thread lost their bikes, yes more people could answer and the number might come down, and more people could answer and the percentage could go up.

So can we all now stop hammering on about its not the entire bike community FFS we know this. What these figures suggest is that there is a major problem and its going to get worse,

Digest that for a sec.

Without a doubt this is a syndicated theft/ hijacking operation

The Star just called me. Picked up a Tweet from this morning.

I am sick of this. I lay in bed last night thinking about this. I have not been back on a bike since and they have robbed me of something I love. I dont always have the time to get out to Teak, Van Gaalens and I refuse to be kept a prisoner, so make use of my local roads and footpaths. I will help where I can

Thanks, but he didn't give it back, we took it back. :P

:thumbup:

@ DaveT, awesome that is a great leap forward :clap: :clap:

If 999 people say NO, and one says YES....

That one person being hi-jacked / robbed is one person too much in my opinion....

Edited by jarek.pski

The Star just called me. Picked up a Tweet from this morning.

I am sick of this. I lay in bed last night thinking about this. I have not been back on a bike since and they have robbed me of something I love. I dont always have the time to get out to Teak, Van Gaalens and I refuse to be kept a prisoner, so make use of my local roads and footpaths. I will help where I can

Dave, I like this post, it explains the emotion, concern, fear and resentment many of us feel.

Keep strong my friend, we are all with you and behind you.

I suggest all of us from this area meet somewhere on the weekend ?

nice thread! a positive initiative. "evil flourishes when good men do nothing"

in addition - I read that Table mountain have contracted something like 40 armed rangers to patrol the mountain and surrounds - then the next weekend I read of an increase in muggings and bike jacking - WTF?

I posted this in MTB_Roadie's thread. The Star is also interested in doing a story. E-mail details to candice(dot)bailey(at)inl(dot)co(dot)za

Thanks Tumbleweed, I emailed Candice with my story :thumbup: