Carte Blanche TV

nathrix

409 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

• Yes, in Gauteng.
    • Yes, in Western Cape.
    • Yes, in Eastern or Northern Cape.
    • Yes, in the Free State.
    • Yes, in Kwazulu-Natal.
    • Yes, in Mpumalanga.
    • Yes, in Limpopo Province.
    • Yes, other (outside of SA).
    • Yes, in North West.
    • No.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/104616-bike-jacker/page__gopid__1426438#entry1426438

Ek stuur aan vir julle:

Hi guys,

Here is a photo of the bike jacker Dominic and company caught on Saturday morning. He was taken to Lyttelton SAP and is in police custody. Thanks to Dominic, Niel and everyone else who was involved in catching this creature.

He is "allegedly" part of the bike jacking syndicate (his admission).

Please forward this photo to every cyclist you know and ask them in turn to circulate it as well. Maybe someone will recognize him. These guys have apparently been getting off at the Irene and Pinedene stations, hence the bike jackings in that area. This guy was caught on the south side of Pinedene station area where the grass is still long. Thankfully the grass around the shooting range/cement factory area has been burnt and there is now good visibility.

post-3843-0-29197700-1308576433.jpg

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so far, looking at the poll, it looks like there isn't really a problem with bike jackings. Everyone relax, go back to riding your favourite trails around Rhodes Mem or wherever. You don't have to consider emmigration. It's all been blown out of proportion.

Same can be said about air travel. Not many has died in comparison of how many uses it.

there a re two types of cyclists in S.A....

Those who have been high-jacked and those who are going to be....

I think NO is out of place on this poll....

*my 2 cents*

During the first Duzi Umfula bike race, my partner and I were going up guite a steep hill neer mission rapid and as we passed three guys walking down the hill, one grabbed my elbow and pulled me to the ground. a bit of a struggle ensued over my bike, fortunately I won, thanks to my spyderco. I had used it to cut the cable tyes short when putting the number board on, and put it in my pocket, first and only time I carried it on a ride

sadly - that is not the only jacking/attempted jacking story i have heard of related to the dusi mfulu

there a re two types of cyclists in S.A....

Those who have been high-jacked and those who are going to be....

I think NO is out of place on this poll....

*my 2 cents*

AGREE !!

Why must there be a NO - it gives the impression that there is an "acceptable" number of muggings etc. before we will be alarmed ? ! One is too many.

Like saying only 1000 people killed on the roads over easter is not significant because we have 60 million who were not killed.

Flawed logic. - The idea is to find 'positive' occurrences - its not the same as a poll to ask if you like pink bikes or not.

(how many people not murdered last year... 60million ....cool, then we don't have a problem)

Well, so far, looking at the poll, it looks like there isn't really a problem with bike jackings. Everyone relax, go back to riding your favourite trails around Rhodes Mem or wherever. You don't have to consider emmigration. It's all been blown out of proportion.

And now it's sitting at about 20% of respondents.

I would say 20% is fairly high, you?

One thing that stands out with all the recent bike jackings,is that they are all well speced expensive bikes.

How do these guys know where and when the guys will be in a area and what is happening to these bikes?

Are the cyclists followed from home or is it just luck that they get expensive bikes.

Could be Gummi, on Saturday they left Nathrix's Morewood.......(tongue firmly in cheek)

Seriously though, most guys ride pretty expensive bikes nowadays.

Could be Gummi, on Saturday they left Nathrix's Morewood.......(tongue firmly in cheek)

Seriously though, most guys ride pretty expensive bikes nowadays.

The hubber that they tried to jack in PE was on a new Zula.

One thing that stands out with all the recent bike jackings,is that they are all well speced expensive bikes.

............. is it just luck that they get expensive bikes.

Or maybe Hubbers are not immune to "bigging-up" their steeds or insurance claims ;)

The hubber that they tried to jack in PE was on a new Zula.

Desperate okes those ;)

To be honest, I don't think they have a cooking clue what they are stealing.

I really hope Carte Blanche does take this story on.I think that there will be a few big surprises as to where the bikes go.

When we busted a big car Hi-jacking syndicate a few years back,there were cops involved and 2 car dealerships.Nothing happened to them though as they were involved but never committed the robberies.

It may be a good idea for those who have been hijacked to just post where it happened so a collective clustering of hotspots can become available as well, this could show an interesting modus operandi pattern.

It may be a good idea for those who have been hijacked to just post where it happened so a collective clustering of hotspots can become available as well, this could show an interesting modus operandi pattern.

good idea!

People do no need to be registered users on the hub to read this thread and this poll will not be 100% accurate, but it will give you some sort of statistic. Anyone who knows someone that was a victim or almost a victim should be mailed this link to read and they will be able to submit the information on the link provided above for Carte Blanche TV.

I have also sent a tweet to Radio 702.