Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Pretty......

thats not the fork that was sold with the frame is it?

what was that fork and what are your plans for it?

Nope, that isn't the fork that was advertised with the frame. The fork in the pic is the Talas 36 160mm off my Dale.

I didn't buy the fork that was advertised. Firstly, because I didn'd need it, and secondly, it was an old Fox 100mm with QR, so not for this frame.

Ok, so here is the new AM build (pretty much complete, may swop out one or two parts)

Very Nice :thumbup:

Glad to see you put the seat down for the pic :whistling:

Very Nice :thumbup:

Glad to see you put the seat down for the pic :whistling:

haha! I put the seat down for pretty much everything except for climbing :lol:

Very nice Patches !!

Where's the ride report ... ?

So maiden voyage was yesterday. I did approx 20km on it. First half though I had the suspension settings way too soft.

I rectified that and tried and then started feeling a lot better in the bike.

One major difference I have noticed over the Cannondale is the short chain stays. They take some getting used to if one has been riding a long stayed bike. I found it wanted to loop out when jumping, manualing and bunnyhopping. But once I'm used to it, I can tell it will be nice and playful!

Nope, that isn't the fork that was advertised with the frame. The fork in the pic is the Talas 36 160mm off my Dale.

I didn't buy the fork that was advertised. Firstly, because I didn'd need it, and secondly, it was an old Fox 100mm with QR, so not for this frame.

Ah ok. I couldn't tell from the original sale pic what fork it was. If it was a 150mm fork and you weren't using it cos you got the sweet talas i would have totally gone for it. Oh well.

Glad you are having much fun on it!

Was reading guys have tried it with 100-120mm,Suggested 130-150mm,guys say 140mm feels spot on :thumbup:

I ride my 5.5 with 150mm pretty much everywhere.

On the occasions I have adjusted travel down to 110mm I can feel it accelerates a lot faster.

Thanks Patches for telling me about this Uzzi that was on sale here on The Hub :thumbup:

Here she is, not completely finished and still awaiting a couple of bits and bobs.

Took her out yesterday and man what a bike :devil:

post-18902-0-80152600-1349070532_thumb.jpg

Edited by missionS