Midrand hijackers caught ....

NotSoBigBen

A fellow cyclist who just returned from the Freedom Challenge and live in the area read about the hijackings. This morning he rode past the guys riding these bicycles. He recognized the S-Works Epic 29er immediately and started chasing them. He got help from the local community and they chased them down. Two are now in custody at the Midrand Police station. 3rd guy still on the loose.

Brave guy! Well done!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just shows you how the media can work for you. If you have pictures and a description of the bike stolen with all the maps and details of what happened and put it out there fast you will be surprised of how many people know about it. Thanks to everyone who spread the word.

Thanks to BigBen for phoning me :thumbup:

I don't do the twitter thing.

Andrew gave me a number of the cyclist who caught them, he was in an off-road vehicle.

When I got there the community climbed in to the two crooks.

We pulled them aside and had a bit of a chat, this thing goes deep, I won't share too much on here but certainly a syndicate.

I recognized the bike immediately, I specced two bikes the same, this was one of those and the only two in Jo'Burg with that build.

I called Troy, who arrived a little later and identified the one guy, he then also confirmed the e-mail with his serial number to the one on the bike and confirmed to the Police that it was his bike.

Well done to Andy Masters, the guy, who with help from the community ,managed to catch them :clap:

A fellow cyclist who just returned from the Freedom Challenge and live in the area read about the hijackings. This morning he rode past the guys riding these bicycles. He recognized the S-Works Epic 29er immediately and started chasing them. He got help from the local community and they chased them down. Two are now in custody at the Midrand Police station. 3rd guy still on the loose.

So these monkeys were just riding the stolen bikes around like nothing was wrong?

Thanks to BigBen for phoning me :thumbup:

I don't do the twitter thing.

Andrew gave me a number of the cyclist who caught them, he was in an off-road vehicle.

When I got there the community climbed in to the two crooks.

We pulled them aside and had a bit of a chat, this thing goes deep, I won't share too much on here but certainly a syndicate.

I recognized the bike immediately, I specced two bikes the same, this was one of those and the only two in Jo'Burg with that build.

I called Troy, who arrived a little later and identified the one guy, he then also confirmed the e-mail with his serial number to the one on the bike and confirmed to the Police that it was his bike.

Well done to Andy Masters, the guy, who with help from the community ,managed to catch them :clap:

This is awesome, well done to everyone so far. We CAN take out trails back, we just need to work together.

So these monkeys were just riding the stolen bikes around like nothing was wrong?

So maybe it's not a syndicate with the bikes being resold over our borders? Maybe it's just regular theft?

So maybe it's not a syndicate with the bikes being resold over our borders? Maybe it's just regular theft?

The two who got caught, are working for someone.

They kept the bike for a week and probably waited for the heat to settle a bit, they were on their way to collect some $$$$ for it.

Guys , please respect the fact that we don't want to share ALL the info here, just in case this is being read/followed.

Well done guys. I hope you get to the kingpin, Then Carte Blanche might be interested.

No just stooooopid. How are they getting them across the borders, cause that another person to pay off :unsure: Also shows all those people that had suspisions about that dodgy person riding that bike, you were probably right.

Rule 1 - Never return to the scene of the crime. Just as well they missed that rule in Hi-jacking 101

Edited by Caerus

Why not, Julius said it's okay to steal from white people.

Why not, Julius said it's okay to steal from white people.

This is true :( We need a white JuJu, or is that what Steve Hofmeyer is for? :unsure:

The community dont like this any more than we do. After I got jacked we drove around a bit to see if we could find anything. eventually we saw a guy hauling ass through the veld and yelled. He did not stop and all gave chase.

When we caught up to him the locals were having a good go. Its not right, but it shows that they too, are sick of this.

I hope this cracks it open. I want my trail back!

The owner of the Iron Horse is Trevor Stacey and his number is (contact me for details).

He was hijacked weekend before yesterday in Midrand at the corner of R55 and Olifantsfontein road.

Edited by Johan Bornman

The community dont like this any more than we do. After I got jacked we drove around a bit to see if we could find anything. eventually we saw a guy hauling ass through the veld and yelled. He did not stop and all gave chase.

When we caught up to him the locals were having a good go. Its not right, but it shows that they too, are sick of this.

I hope this cracks it open. I want my trail back!

+1000. When this happened at Giba, the community issued there own justice. People end up losing more then what these thugs gain.