Midrand hijackers caught ....

NotSoBigBen

The owner of the Iron Horse is Trevor Stacey and his number is (contact me for details).

He was hijacked weekend before yesterday in Midrand at the corner of R55 and Olifantsfontein road.

Thanks Johan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Well done to all involved :clap:

Let's hope the justice system does it's bit and we can get to the source of this problem.

Hi Hubbers

That is my beautiful baby - the Iron Horse in the picture :-)

One of the reasons I was not paying attention to my attackers was that I was really enjoying riding my newish baby (I bought it 3 months ago from Marky Z) and was blissfully unaware of my surroundings (it was also fathers day!!!). BIG PERSONAL LESSON for me!!

Thanks to the entire team for reuniting me with her ....

SA certainly has its challenges and this is a great inspiration of why it is such a GREAT place to be.

I have been in contact with the police to be re-united with her and will keep you all updated.

Thanks to all concerned and if the sharp eyed gentleman who found these guys and bikes would send me a mail I would certainly like to do an equivalent of "Buy that Man a BELLS"

Thanks to everyone (I see I can be PM'd if someone would be kind enough to send me Andrew Master's details)

Trevor Stacey

Edited by MTBTrev

Now the hard work begins, to keep these little buggers in jail we need to tie up the cases, could anyone that has been hijacked in the Kyalami, Blue Hills, Mnandi area please mail me their details of case number and the police station it was reported too, investigating officer would be handy too, This is really important, my mail is andymasters1@me.com the more info that we can get the stronger the case against them. If you know someone that has been hijacked please contact them and pass on my mail.

Thanks

Now the hard work begins, to keep these little buggers in jail we need to tie up the cases, could anyone that has been hijacked in the Kyalami, Blue Hills, Mnandi area please mail me their details of case number and the police station it was reported too, investigating officer would be handy too, This is really important, my mail is andymasters1@me.com the more info that we can get the stronger the case against them. If you know someone that has been hijacked please contact them and pass on my mail.

Thanks

Hi Andy

I have sent you a mail

Many thanks to all of those involved in the recovery of my bicycle. It is really appreciated.

I believe that all the publicity on this forum, Twitter and Facebook helped contribute to the recovery of my bicycle. The power of Social Media.

Let's all continue to work together and publicize these bike jackings and hopefully recover some more bicycle.

Thanks

If you anyone has the info that is being requested by AndyM, please send it throught to him. The more the merrier.

Andy is 100 % correct, we need to keep them behind bars now.

This is the time for us all to stand together, we have photo's of the individuals, so they need to be identified and tied to the various cases, that now makes it 5 thugs I know of, the two of today and the other two where Nathrix, Carpet and myself were involved.

The other one was caught by people in Mnandi I believe.

AndyM was great today, it was an incredible experience and a feeling of liberation when I saw them standing there, next step is the kingpin.

Thanks to BigBen for phoning me :thumbup:

I don't do the twitter thing.

Andrew gave me a number of the cyclist who caught them, he was in an off-road vehicle.

When I got there the community climbed in to the two crooks.

We pulled them aside and had a bit of a chat, this thing goes deep, I won't share too much on here but certainly a syndicate.

I recognized the bike immediately, I specced two bikes the same, this was one of those and the only two in Jo'Burg with that build.

I called Troy, who arrived a little later and identified the one guy, he then also confirmed the e-mail with his serial number to the one on the bike and confirmed to the Police that it was his bike.

Well done to Andy Masters, the guy, who with help from the community ,managed to catch them :clap:

Time for Twitter. Is @Dangle available?

I'm not sure if it is wise idea for me to ask this publicly (admin: feel free to delete this if so) but have PI's been brought in to get to the bottom of this?

Time for Twitter. Is @Dangle available?

Dude the man is just getting up to speed with Fb and the 'ub :o - it may take a bit of time before he can move up to being a Tweep ;)