"Cooked Up" Results on the NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2

Bassman

Agreed, but would you argue with a marshall?

It doesn't matter what the marshall says, it matters what the rule book says. The reason road cycling is such a joke is because they arbitrarily apply/don't apply the rules, all the way from kerkbasaar funrides to the tour de france. Properly speaking, those who got lost have a *** day. Everyone has a *** day sometimes. It happens when you're moering around in the bush.

I spose though, there is an out which says the official on the day can make a call. Generally MTB administrators are very reasonable and they tend to abide by the rules of which they are the stewards.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you don't abide by the rules, you wind up with unfairness as is evident in this thread!

It happens when you're moering around in the bush.

LOL good term that, I got lost riding the Pilgrims rest marathon once and moered around (all uphill) for about 45 minutes before the truth hit home...Idjit!!! reason you have not seen any marshalls or tape if because you are lost.... Up until then I was having the race of my life thinking I'd dropped all the guys behind me....

Next year i had a better plan and it worked.....

LOL good term that, I got lost riding the Pilgrims rest marathon once and moered around (all uphill) for about 45 minutes before the truth hit home...Idjit!!! reason you have not seen any marshalls or tape if because you are lost.... Up until then I was having the race of my life thinking I'd dropped all the guys behind me....

Next year i had a better plan and it worked.....

Believe me I've done that a good few times and had to pay the penalty

(as a bit of braggadocio, I won the Pilgrims race in 2008 I think it was - rained from start to finish. weren't any pros there, but I always maintain you only have to beat whoever shows up....)

So the question is who is at fault... if a rider gets lost for not noticing a board thats just tough luck on their behalf (cant claim to win anything then), but if a race administrator guides you in the wrong direction, then you cant fault the rider? Awarding the front runners the win is justified.... its not like anyone else was going to beat them had the organisation been correct?

Believe me I've done that a good few times and had to pay the penalty

(as a bit of braggadocio, I won the Pilgrims race in 2008 I think it was - rained from start to finish. weren't any pros there, but I always maintain you only have to beat whoever shows up....)

He He :clap: funny enough i know the feeling, won it in 2002..... being in December all the top okes were relaxing, not my fault. Sadly since then it's been downhill (uphill?) all the way....

Edited by SwissVan

He He :clap: funny enough i know the feeling, won it in 2002..... being in December all the top okes were relaxing, not my fault. Sadly since then it's been downhill (uphill?) all the way....

(sorry off topic here) but 'RAD' - the year I did it we finished through the pub, it was awesome - shot in the back door, past old ballies boozing and smoking and cheering and out the front door! Best finish ever!

what amazes me is that people who organise these races, cant get the timing, directions etc. correct,but boy they know how to take our money?

the results are a total mess...i finished with a guy who i know, yet on the results he is 10minutes ahead of me...wtf?

my 2c!

what amazes me is that people who organise these races, cant get the timing, directions etc. correct,but boy they know how to take our money?

the results are a total mess...i finished with a guy who i know, yet on the results he is 10minutes ahead of me...wtf?

my 2c!

Different batches maybe...

So the question is who is at fault... if a rider gets lost for not noticing a board thats just tough luck on their behalf (cant claim to win anything then), but if a race administrator guides you in the wrong direction, then you cant fault the rider? Awarding the front runners the win is justified.... its not like anyone else was going to beat them had the organisation been correct?

Agreed, but then the results should be declared null and void for that event and a timeline spread out amongst the seeded groups so as to not affect seeding.

Also the aforementioned 'marshall' needs a good clip!

If events are to be CSA sanctioned/approved then there needs to be a minimum requirement of marshaling and route marking that needs to be enforced.

These results are way out the dude who finished 10th did so 1 minute behind Knox on a Single Speed .....................mmmmmm dont think so.

And 9th place man was from C group ........

one batch = 5min, so i would understand if it was 5 min, but more than 10, i smell rat...

eish... :blink:

(sorry off topic here) but 'RAD' - the year I did it we finished through the pub, it was awesome - shot in the back door, past old ballies boozing and smoking and cheering and out the front door! Best finish ever!

Ditto, that was one of their selling points. We actualy went thru there twice cause it was a 2 lap race.

Apologies to the OP, i'm out of here you guys are keeping me out of work...again!

I was one of the guys who Missed the SO CALLED Marshall marked turn over the dirt rd. The fact is that the gate was not even open when we came through & continued up the hill, there was No Marshall, No Open gate, *** Markings & its Bad form by the race organization to award a win to MAX or ANYONE else in the marathon as it was unfair to all if you a pro or fun rider.

The way they have worked out the race results is also a load of crap as I was over the KOM & finished with a guy who has 7th overall result & I'm not on the list SO could Gertjie Harmse From SS Timing please explain that to me.

All race prize money series points should be cancelled for this event & rolled over to the next series race.

Getting lost & taking wrong turns seems the trend for the Nissan series races SO why do we keep pay entry fees to go the wrong way. I suggest we all ask for a race entry refund & when the Nissan race crew are able to provide a route that is correctly marked then we go back with a free entry @ there expense.

I was one of the guys who Missed the SO CALLED Marshall marked turn over the dirt rd. The fact is that the gate was not even open when we came through & continued up the hill, there was No Marshall, No Open gate, *** Markings & its Bad form by the race organization to award a win to MAX or ANYONE else in the marathon as it was unfair to all if you a pro or fun rider.

The way they have worked out the race results is also a load of crap as I was over the KOM & finished with a guy who has 7th overall result & I'm not on the list SO could Gertjie Harmse From SS Timing please explain that to me.

All race prize money series points should be cancelled for this event & rolled over to the next series race.

Getting lost & taking wrong turns seems the trend for the Nissan series races SO why do we keep pay entry fees to go the wrong way. I suggest we all ask for a race entry refund & when the Nissan race crew are able to provide a route that is correctly marked then we go back with a free entry @ there expense.

i could not agree more