Neil's Wheels did it again !!!

Mad Dog

Didn't even bother to pretend to post the bikes on here... Too busy stripping them down to take pics I guess :thumbdown: Not terribly surprising, seems to be yet another mark against good ol' Neil... Would love to see what is still sitting in his garage these days, at least with having the shop he can now hide the really interesting ones elsewhere!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a thread.. Think he has flipped one of my bikes to.

Not so long ago I saw a kid on a bike identical to mine that was stolen - only difference was the gears were chop shopped. Only 2 of the bikes in Cape Town and I know the guy with the other.

Going to keep an eye on this ******.

Edited by RodTi
Please watch your language!

while i realise niels wheels may have stolen goods i haven't had a bad experience with him, of course i did buy a brand new gt sensor 2 through him from obike.co.za i always thought his sales guy was dodge and on a fairly recent trip to his store there was a gt carbon carbon marathon softail at the back which he pointed out to me and told me was going for 7k! i told him at that price the bike has a cracked frame or it's stolen, i declined the offer, while i can only speak on my own experience with him ( hasn't been that bad) i can fully understand how some see him as dodgy, i'm glad i come across this thread...

Edited by fatpixi

while i realise niels wheels may have stolen goods i haven't had a bad experience with him, of course i did buy a brand new gt sensor 2 through him from obike.co.za i always thought his sales guy was dodge and on a fairly recent trip to his store there was a gt carbon carbon marathon softail at the back which he pointed out to me and told me was going for 7k! i told him at that price the bike has a cracked frame or it's stolen, i declined the offer, while i can only speak on my own experience with him ( hasn't been that bad) i can fully understand how some see him as dodgy, i'm glad i come across this thread...

That would be this bike which was recovered from there by the police recently ---> https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/105087-stolen-gt-marathon-silverblack/

I think the R7k price tag would be yet another indication that this isn't being done innocently... Any self-respecting bicycle salesperson would be fully aware that there is no way a bike like that could be sold for R7k legitimately (and lets keep in mind this is a shop so Neal is still making enough profit to be worth his while stocking that bike so prob cost him <R5k!).

If you had bought the bike as a bargain (as many many people would do), the bike would never have been recovered and it would never be known it had passed through there (as I'm sure has happened on more than one occasion).

Who is MRT1, Neil's mom?

Don't know Neil from a bar of soap, but feel I have to say that MRT1 is a decent guy who does a lot of cycling related volunteer work.

I don't know Neil from a bar of soap but he is obviously a grade A **** who is successfully taking the p1ss out of all of us cyclists.

Wynnietjie. Was it a giant dh team by any chance? Black one. Cause you still have the forks . And you snapped the frame . And cut the brake hopes before the cops could take it away from you. If you are the same guy.

yes that was me :P

Ok,

So this bike has been on here before, but really...

"Cane Greek"????

Does this guy not know anything about bikes?

Or is this a new brand I don't know about.

Maybe thats why he sells bikes so cheap?

He doesn't actually know their true value.post-26212-0-27340900-1316632132.png

Lately i have been noticing the same people selling lots of bikes in the classifieds on the hub. Some of them also on gumtree.

Just wondering where they getting all their stuff from.

Because we are not buying in second hand bikes any more, we have had to buy new ones, which are supplied to us in boxes. See pics attached, of our stock of new bikes in boxes. If you don't believe it, send anyone round to confirm that this is so.

We still do take in bikes on consignment, and on trade-ins. See pics attached of these as well

post-25029-0-29988900-1316786494.jpg

post-25029-0-15609900-1316786516.jpg

post-25029-0-44302900-1316786664.jpg

Because we are not buying in second hand bikes any more, we have had to buy new ones, which are supplied to us in boxes. See pics attached, of our stock of new bikes in boxes. If you don't believe it, send anyone round to confirm that this is so.

We still do take in bikes on consignment, and on trade-ins. See pics attached of these as well

post-25029-0-45178000-1316788922.jpg

post-25029-0-64867900-1316789023.jpg

post-25029-0-01016200-1316789065.jpg

post-25029-0-97228300-1316789301.jpg

post-25029-0-81846000-1316789347.jpg

post-25029-0-73898100-1316789381.jpg