Neil's Wheels did it again !!!

Mad Dog

Many of you jump to conclusions just a bit too easily.Neil said he would not buy any more second hand bikes ,he did not say he would not sell those he already has in stock.

Many of the hubbers have built there components onto a new frame and sold there old frame built up with old mismatched components. Parts get replaced during the life of a bicycle and one day it gets sold second hand. This seems to be quite acceptable on the Hub but when neil has bought and sold this type of bike he is called a scumbag. neil follows the rules and keeps a second hand register etc but a stolen bike does not have a sticker on it saying STOLEN. I have had 2 bikes stolen from me in the past and have never found them. Neil has no wish to buy stolen bikes , if these are found in his store he loses money. If you have had a bike stolen notify Neil so that he is aware he really does not want to buy stolen bikes.Since Neil stopped buying second hand bikes I have noticed more for sale in the cash converter type shops. Thieves will con someone into buying their stolen gains that is their profession.

Rather than bitching and moaning try and help in a positive way. There is a need for second hand shops , by both buyers and genuine sellers.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is constantly embroiled in stolen goods turning up at its shop then mysteriously disappearing, then it's probably a criminal duck. Caveat emptor. Not sure what sort of caveat applies to those whose stolen equipment keeps mysteriously shimmying in and out of Neils Wheels And Other Fine Pillaged Goods. But I am damn sure there is one in there somewhere.

Many of you jump to conclusions just a bit too easily.Neil said he would not buy any more second hand bikes ,he did not say he would not sell those he already has in stock.

Many of the hubbers have built there components onto a new frame and sold there old frame built up with old mismatched components. Parts get replaced during the life of a bicycle and one day it gets sold second hand. This seems to be quite acceptable on the Hub but when neil has bought and sold this type of bike he is called a scumbag. neil follows the rules and keeps a second hand register etc but a stolen bike does not have a sticker on it saying STOLEN. I have had 2 bikes stolen from me in the past and have never found them. Neil has no wish to buy stolen bikes , if these are found in his store he loses money. If you have had a bike stolen notify Neil so that he is aware he really does not want to buy stolen bikes.Since Neil stopped buying second hand bikes I have noticed more for sale in the cash converter type shops. Thieves will con someone into buying their stolen gains that is their profession.

Rather than bitching and moaning try and help in a positive way. There is a need for second hand shops , by both buyers and genuine sellers.

I don't think hubbers have jumped to any conclusions to easily, the evidence has been put forward by multiple hubbers all having the same or similar stories. If you have noticed another outlet for possible stolen bikes, then why don't YOU do something.

You know Neil, or is this his double poster posting? Funny how he came " clean" the other day, promising to post ALL bikes that were to be sold out of his shop, then "forgetting " his promise and starts posting ads on another forum. Smells funny to me, but then again it could just be me.

Add to that the fact that nobody in their right minds would attempt to sell a full carbon GT or similar bike with a Tora fork on it, and try to claim that there ISN'T some shady back-door dealing and part-swopping going on.

MRT 1 - either you're deluded, or you're just being wilfully ignorant.

@MRT1, this morning during our ride a really beautiful Afrikaans saying came up.

"meng jou met die semels, dan vreet die varke jou op" (spelling ?)

He is a scum bag. Lets go raid his house?

haha...im game!

Just something about the Battaglin bike....comes with Campaq record....but look at that ugly saddle? Also the seat post clamp is the wrong way around?......did anyone perhaps 'LOST' a Battaglin roadbike?

post-14028-0-80741400-1314254595.jpeg

Edited by MTB_Roadie

ook gesegde wat se as jy met die honde saamslaap moet jy nie verbaas wees as jy met vlooie wakker word nie.

haha...im game!

Just something about the Battaglin bike....comes with Campaq record....but look at that ugly saddle? Also the seat post clamp is the wrong way around?......did anyone perhaps 'LOST' a Battaglin roadbike?

:D Cool. That's a MTB saddle. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Drongo

Ek weet nie of die ou skuldig is of nie maar ek wonder hoe kan sulke mense saans slaap? AGV hulle wat `n "mark" skep vir 2 dehandse fietse word ons beroof en soms VERMOOR vir ons fietse. Besef hulle dat hulle indirekte moordenaars is?

Ek voel soos `n vokkin renoster elke keer as ek alleen gaan ry.........

Also the seat post clamp is the wrong way around?

Eh? Not necessarily. For some clamp/frame combinations the product manuals say that is the right way. It also reduces the amount of road crap that gets into the clamp mechanism.

It's a pretty low-spec FSA crank, though.

Just to clarify, are you or are you not Neil or someone closely involved with him?

Neil was warned to look out for that stolen green Raleigh a while back (RC9000 I think), he still bought it and tried to pawn it off on Gumtree (he even advertised it with an incorrect size which almost threw the guy off from going to check it out!). Please explain that in terms of your post?

The 2 bikes found in the alley behind his shop. It is my understanding that he was asked about those and denied having them before they were noticed there when the guy went to Cash Converters and they let him into the alley behind the shops. Please explain that in terms of your post?

The bikes he is advertising now are not those he had in stock when he promised to post them on here, those are new stock he has.

Please can you post on here what the entries in the 2nd hand goods register say for every stolen bike that has been in question? I am guessing here, but I have a feeling you will find those never reached the register.

Regarding swapping of parts. Lets deal with the Zaskar mentioned so many times... Who can afford a carbon Zaskar and then replaces the worn out fork (assumption based on your post) for an even older, much cheaper fork? And then wears out every single other component and continually downgrades the parts? Does this really make sense to you and, if so, why do you think there is not a single hubber who can see this logic? Did the person who stole the bike recently (I think it was a GT marathon) really decide to remove the XTR wheels before selling it to Neil? Maybe he wanted them for his Dunlop steel commuter bike? Did the guy that stole my bike (and rode away from my house on it!) really remove the pedals, loosen the bolts on the brakes and ADD more cable ties to the hoses before dropping it off with Neil an hour later? With regards to my bike, it is more like someone hurriedly rebuilt it before I arrived with the police to collect it unless I am horribly underestimating the sneakiness of criminals in Cape Town.

Try address specific facts in your next defense and don't try to make general statements to avoid the facts so obvious from these posts.

Dude....that last sentence, is everything but Neils Wheels....

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Neil said he would not buy any more second hand bikes ,he did not say he would not sell those he already has in stock.

neil follows the rules and keeps a second hand register etc but a stolen bike does not have a sticker on it saying STOLEN. Neil has no wish to buy stolen bikes , if these are found in his store he loses money. If you have had a bike stolen notify Neil so that he is aware he really does not want to buy stolen bikes.Since Neil stopped buying second hand bikes I have noticed more for sale in the cash converter type shops.

Haven't really been following this thread so can someone please fill me in.

Who is MRT1, Neil's mom?

Lately i have been noticing the same people selling lots of bikes in the classifieds on the hub. Some of them also on gumtree.

Just wondering where they getting all their stuff from.

Haven't really been following this thread so can someone please fill me in.

Who is MRT1, Neil's mom?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: