Carte Blanche expose

Cippo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dangle no need to thank me it we who should be thanking you. It is quite easy to sit on the sidelines and chirp the odds but a totally different prospect getting stuck in. Thank you.

I thought you weren't involved. You emphatically told me so. Now you are? Which is it?

Nathrix, what makes you think I'd want to have a beer with you? All you have been is abusive to me.

Chap. He doesn't say he is involved anywhere there.

Take a chill pill bro. Your'e giving Slaapstaders a bad rep there. <_<

And your getting The Explosive One all confused.

Can't attend, but my offer still stands.

Thanks Bob :thumbup: If you could join us at one of the Bicycle Awareness rides or for a meeting in the near future we can discuss the website. Suggestions from hubbers of what they would like to see on the website will be most welcome and the best way of getting the website up and running.

I thought you weren't involved. You emphatically told me so. Now you are? Which is it?

What gave you that idea Gary?

Nathrix, what makes you think I'd want to have a beer with you? All you have been is abusive to me.

I don't even know if you drink beer. If not, you can have a coke zero or a coffee or something, I just though we can meet face to face at one of the MTB races in the Cape and have a chat? I also just made a suggestion of what you should do with all your money if you are that keen on helping as I don't have all the answers you have and pointed you in the right direction. If I sounded abusive I apologize profusely.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

If you could join us at one of the Bicycle Awareness rides or for a beer in the near future we can discuss the website. Suggestions from hubbers of what they would like to see on the website will be most welcome and the best way of getting the website up and running.

:thumbup:

What gave you that idea Gary?

I don't even know if you drink beer. If not, you can have a coke zero or a coffee or something, I just though we can meet face to face at one of the MTB races in the Cape and have a chat? I also just made a suggestion of what you should do with all your money if you are that keen on helping as I don't have all the answers you have and pointed you in the right direction. If I sounded abusive I apologize profusely.

I got the idea that you were involved because of the posts relating to awareness rides etc. You made it clear to me in a rather uncalled for post that you were not. Again, apologies for assuming so.

Nathrix, I'm not keen to meet up with you. Thanks.

Thanks Bob :thumbup: If you could join us at one of the Bicycle Awareness rides or for a meeting in the near future we can discuss the website. Suggestions from hubbers of what they would like to see on the website will be most welcome and the best way of getting the website up and running.

I was going to say how about a central database that will have serialnumber, bike type and contact name and number in it...

And then it hit me - daar is klaar so iets en dit lok nie juis vliee nie. :thumbdown:

Danglers and co.

Like I've said before - awesome initiative. It's great to see Mr. Ordinary Citizen turning the words into actions that make cycling safer for eveyone.

In terms of the Carte Blanche episode - I thnk it did what it was designed to do - raise awareness and speed up the already gathered momentum!

To the "we want cross referenced and audited results before we part with our trillions" brigade: seriously? This is a small initiative run by a few caring individuals who have families, jobs etc. To expect what few hours they have to be spent on red tape and officialdom is silly. Cyclelab modified their online race entry site to simplify donations not to raid your email address and pull a Nigerian on your bank account. Get over the anality and donate some cash - surely you have friends or family on Jhb that would benefit from your generosity?

48 people have contributed to the initiative thus far, thank you. The 700th person to join the Bicycle Safety Facebook group will receive.............well, go have a look for yourself ;) Gary you are more then welcome to join, it's free.

48 people have contributed to the initiative thus far, thank you. The 700th person to join the Bicycle Safety Facebook group will receive.............well, go have a look for yourself ;) Gary you are more then welcome to join, it's free.

1 to go :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

How come the FB page is a closed group? Sent a request to join.

Is there any way to do EFT donations?

Has there been another bike road block since the Carte Blanche thingie?

Dangle and Co well done nd keep it up chaps. :clap:

So, what happened to cash collected then? How much? Did it help...????

And so, what did happen to the money?

Donated to CSA then?

No more do I donate to Hub charities if there is no feedback.

Edited by Sepia

And so, what did happen to the money?

Donated to CSA then?

No more do I donate to Hub charities if there is no feedback.

This is no HUB charity, and if you would like to speak to the P.I. to find out where the money went to, I will gladly give you his number.

As for your contribution, rather keep it.

As for the money, we were way short to pay the P.I. the thugs are out on bail again and bike jackings are on the increase and have now turned more violent than before.

So dear Sepia, as I said, keep your money in your pocket, but don't be scared to actually pull your finger out of your ass to try and help with the initiative.

After reading all of this, I am donating again. I do so not on the basis of audits or fancy questions, but because I give a rats about you guys. my friends, cycling there - and I trust Dangle, Dennis, Andy Masters and Andrew McLean sufficiently to let them do as they please with my donation.

I would urge you to put aside your petty squabbles and do the same. It is for YOUR own good, it is an investment in YOUR safety.