Carte Blanche expose

Cippo

Personally I was disappointed in the INVESTIGATIVE journalism of Carte Blanche!

So much more could have been shown and featured.

This is a topic close to our hearts, but how sad was this programme put together.

Is bike hijacking not taking place in any other parts of the country?

Who is buying these bikes for a R1000?

How do they get taken out of the country and who is doing this? I am sure one bike is not taken at a time, so there must be some kind of syndicate.

Be more specific wrt the countries these bicycles are being taken to.

Who is at the receiving end once the bike arrive and are they sold on the street or in lbs!

Who in SA is buying these bikes? Sure they are not only stolen for export.

Were the persons caught ever sentenced?

Why only interview one lbs owner?

(Just some questions)

As usual I am waiting on the hubbers to slap me with there snide remarks.

W

What about undercover investigation by Carte Blanche.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

Personally I was disappointed in the INVESTIGATIVE journalism of Carte Blanche!

So much more could have been shown and featured.

This is a topic close to our hearts, but how sad was this programme put together.

Sure cannot expect of them to do a full CSI type investigation? However I do agree it is a topic close to our hearts and hence we will expect a lot more. The question is whether the general public will be able to stomach the FULL graphic version of stab wounds etc etc? Rather tone it done and get the message out to more people.

We cannot expect other people to put life and limb at risk to tell 'our' story!

Time to tuck that Glock on your back under your cycling shirt.

Well you buy a handgun on the blackmarket for about R300. Shoot the mother f***** and the nice thing is it will never be traced to you

I watched the Carte Blanche program and registered on your site to show a device our company sells which could assist cyclists in case of an emergency. The device is a duress GPS mobile which will allow others to know you are in danger as well as send your location to a web based platform or sms or email as many contact persons as you need.It wont prevent the hijack but could assist in saving your life if you have been injured in the hijack. We can be contacted on 011-4630031 or email info@locatech.co.za

post-26793-0-62343400-1312739156.png

Time to tuck that Glock on your back under your cycling shirt.

Straight! I agree they could have been a bit more aggresive with the story but now more people are aware of what we could face. This shoul boost business for bike parks.

I watched the Carte Blanche program and registered on your site to show a device our company sells which could assist cyclists in case of an emergency. The device is a duress GPS mobile which will allow others to know you are in danger as well as send your location to a web based platform or sms or email as many contact persons as you need.It wont prevent the hijack but could assist in saving your life if you have been injured in the hijack. We can be contacted on 011-4630031 or email info@locatech.co.za

How light is it? :whistling: But seriously this is a cool gadget.

well done to all involved.

i believe it as a huge step in the right direction.

as for carte blance's investigative journalism...

Pity that The Hub was mentioned in a negative light as the place where the stolen bike was advertised. :o They should have given the viewing public more of a big picture of the situation.

Edited by Moridin

well done to all involved.

i believe it as a huge step in the right direction.

as for carte blance's investigative journalism...

I agree! Huge step in the right direction! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Could they have investigated in more detail? Most probably, but to fully cover the issue they would need a mini series....

Lets just keep the momentum going.

Edited by Me-rider

Guest agteros

Pity that The Hub was mentioned in a negative light as the place where the stolen bike was advertised. :o They should have given the viewing public more of a big picture of the situation.

Geesh dude!!! Negative light? You sure you not reading too much in what was said?

http://beta.mnet.co....le.aspx?ID=4401

"Andy Masters had seen pictures of Troy's bike posted on The Hub, a cycling website"

Nothing about the bike being advertised!

Edited by agteros

now for the big question Price?

Various price plans outright purchase and/or mobile phone contract as device is fully functional mobile phone as well - depending on use you looking at R150 a month on 24 month contract or R1600 outright purchase and R85 a month for the web platform access

Nothing negative about it.

Great job by Kate from Carte Blanche.

I would like to encourage people to join our FB group and feel free to use it and post in the group.

Post your rides so others can see them and start using the group as a community to connect cyclists and get them to form riding groups.