Carte Blanche expose

Cippo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing negative about it.

I would like to encourage people to join our FB group and feel free to use it and post in the group.

Post your rides so others can see them and start using the group as a community to connect cyclists and get them to form riding groups.

:thumbup:

i am in 2 minds about the piece. good that it showed the rest of the public the problem, but i felt that downplayed it a lot. although they did so they had sooo many examples that they felt it best to choose only a few.

as for the negative light - i understood that they were referring to the fact that the bike was reported stolen through the hub and due to the that was found - thats some positive beams there

i am in 2 minds about the piece. good that it showed the rest of the public the problem, but i felt that downplayed it a lot. although they did so they had sooo many examples that they felt it best to choose only a few.

as for the negative light - i understood that they were referring to the fact that the bike was reported stolen through the hub and due to the that was found - thats some positive beams there

I think it did what it was meant to do:

GET PEOPLE TALKING!!!

Personally I was disappointed in the INVESTIGATIVE journalism of Carte Blanche!

So much more could have been shown and featured.

This is a topic close to our hearts, but how sad was this programme put together.

Is bike hijacking not taking place in any other parts of the country?

Who is buying these bikes for a R1000?

How do they get taken out of the country and who is doing this? I am sure one bike is not taken at a time, so there must be some kind of syndicate.

Be more specific wrt the countries these bicycles are being taken to.

Who is at the receiving end once the bike arrive and are they sold on the street or in lbs!

Who in SA is buying these bikes? Sure they are not only stolen for export.

Were the persons caught ever sentenced?

Why only interview one lbs owner?

(Just some questions)

As usual I am waiting on the hubbers to slap me with there snide remarks.

W

What about undercover investigation by Carte Blanche.

It was an expose, which by all accounts was very well done for the time slot within the show, it was also the very first slot in Carte Blanche. Some of the questions above were also answered.

If the momentum from this leads to a more in an in depth investigative piece, and stimulates greater police resources to map and collect data on bike jackings. Then more power to the cause and it's done exactly what an expose should do.

Hope that doesn't come across as too snide for you, equally I do hope you give your input to Carte Blanche as a concerned cyclist.

Nothing negative about it.

Great job by Kate from Carte Blanche.

I would like to encourage people to join our FB group and feel free to use it and post in the group.

Post your rides so others can see them and start using the group as a community to connect cyclists and get them to form riding groups.

Good work there man :thumbup:

Look forward to this picking up serious momentum now that the issue has been highlighted and raises some serious awareness about these crimes.

Personally I was disappointed in the INVESTIGATIVE journalism of Carte Blanche!

So much more could have been shown and featured.

This is a topic close to our hearts, but how sad was this programme put together.

Is bike hijacking not taking place in any other parts of the country?If it is, then share it on the FB group

Who is buying these bikes for a R1000?A buyer, nobody knows yet, but we are better off now than we were 8 years ago, ALL IN TIME

How do they get taken out of the country and who is doing this? I am sure one bike is not taken at a time, so there must be some kind of syndicate.ALL IN TIME, these things are being investigated

Be more specific wrt the countries these bicycles are being taken to.We don't know where at this stage

Who is at the receiving end once the bike arrive and are they sold on the street or in lbs!

Who in SA is buying these bikes? Sure they are not only stolen for export.Thus the sting op you saw on the R 55 with the Police

Were the persons caught ever sentenced?A small amount has, others are not out on bail

Why only interview one lbs owner?He is kinda high profile

(Just some questions)

As usual I am waiting on the hubbers to slap me with there snide remarks.

W

What about undercover investigation by Carte Blanche.

We are working very , very hard at this, we have gone from bikes being taken left right and centre for the past 8 years, to where we are now, we are all better off at this stage and hopefully things get better, this is the time where people can actually stop asking questions and hanging on the sidelines throwing random advice ,instead they can now become proactively involved.

Hopefully cyclist will also start leaving their "airs and graces" at the front door and start standing together as a community.

I think it did what it was meant to do:

GET PEOPLE TALKING!!!

:thumbup: agreed - and hopefully non-hubber cyclists who have been affected will also speak up

I also missed it, kids wre having a Shrek marathon today, now I'm working and the bloody movie on Mnet tonight is....yup Shrek.

Sorry. I heard that piece wrong. I thought he said that the bike was advertised on the Hub, when he actually said that the bike was reported as stolen on the Hub. My mistake. I take back my comment.

Edited by Moridin

Was a eye opener. If those (insert crude language here) are not affected by pepper spray I dont know how you going to keep them at bay.

Any ex militia person will not be affected due to training. Know my cousin had tear gas training in the SAPS and heard of few guys in our NAVY that also got regular tear and pepper gas to accustom them to the effects.

And another thing is the last time I used pepper spray I was the one on the ground... Wind turned the wrong way... And I was jogging not even on the bike.

Mabey a tazer that can not be affected by wind direction... My nephew is in the navy, I'll ask him what they get thrown with and devise a plan from there. Either way its not a situation I want to be in. How safe is riding the spruit on your own?

We are working very , very hard at this, we have gone from bikes being taken left right and centre for the past 8 years, to where we are now, we are all better off at this stage and hopefully things get better, this is the time where people can actually stop asking questions and hanging on the sidelines throwing random advice ,instead they can now become proactively involved.

Hopefully cyclist will also start leaving their "airs and graces" at the front door and start standing together as a community.

Well said, Dangle... It's one of those things that should be stopped. And soon. As for involvement, it's almost like building trails - you want in? You want new trails? You want everyone to be safe? Then stop snarking on about it and help with the fight. Do something constructive, instead of just sitting back and reaping the rewards, then k4kking off when ANOTHER thing isn't to your liking...

Well said, Dangle... It's one of those things that should be stopped. And soon. As for involvement, it's almost like building trails - you want in? You want new trails? You want everyone to be safe? Then stop snarking on about it and help with the fight. Do something constructive, instead of just sitting back and reaping the rewards, then k4kking off when ANOTHER thing isn't to your liking...

:clap: