Carte Blanche expose

Cippo

Hi Hubbers

to those of you that missed the expose on Carte Blanche last night the rerun is on at 15h00 this afternoon.

Be safe out there guys and ladies.

The story is out there !!

Well done to the team for creating this awareness !! :thumbup:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be keen to donate money. Just went to the link. There are a few things that need to answered though, as right now, it's looking like a bit of a free marketing shill as well.

Now I'm more than fine to donate money to this fine cause, but I'd need the following:

1] the objectives of this fund, clearly outlined.

2] A viewable audit, showing what will be spent and where.

3] The credentials of the PI involved.

4] I'd like an opt-out for any marketing/spam due to giving away my personal details.

I am just going to go with DAMN.

You think a bike jacker will give some terms and conditions or his credentials? Or how about an opt out thingy?

"I opt-out of this bike jacking." Thanks.

Imagine picking up a R75k S-Works for R1000!!

Don't laugh. I know of a group of people who picked up top-end, out-the-box Speshes for R8000. Theft rather than robbery though.

Don't laugh. I know of a group of people who picked up top-end, out-the-box Speshes for R8000. Theft rather than robbery though.

You have nice mates ;)

Thanks Stretched :) I have edited the signature to make it more visable, if you want, you can copy it again :unsure:

Spread the information on the initiative and join us if you can for the next safety awareness ride, all the information will be posted on the facebook group, twitter and here on the hub as soon as everything has been confirmed and finalized.

What about organising rides for the rest of the country? Just seems to be a Jozi initiative at the moment, we all wanna get involved :D

What about organising rides for the rest of the country? Just seems to be a Jozi initiative at the moment, we all wanna get involved :D

Then come visit! :thumbup:

Not mates, but customers at my mate's shop.

Bit off topic, but how is your mate doing that owns the shop?

Then come visit! :thumbup:

I'm trying, im trying. Already got a friend on mine involved, and now making plans to come up :clap: Look out Jozi :lol: TNT1 said he will put me up for a few days

Edited by Caerus

I have not watched the Carte Blanch thing yet, but will see it online later tonight.

As a victim of this I can say that the fact that this has been aired is a good thing. Like so many have said its the awareness that is needed first. This kind of thing does not go away overnight and needs constant pressure. We can be glad for people like Anton, Troy, Denis and the rest who have put in plenty effort and hard work. Remember, this is not something these guys get paid to do. Its done out of love and free will.

After i got jacked I connected a lot of people, made calls, emailed etc. Everyone needs to do their part no matter how small. It all contributes.

We can all do our part to help make this go away. Moaning and whining is not included

I still do not have a bike to ride and it grates me daily. It will come, the time must be right.

Bit off topic, but how is your mate doing that owns the shop?

Making a great recovery and in good spirits. :thumbup:

*hijack off*

I am just going to go with DAMN.

You think a bike jacker will give some terms and conditions or his credentials? Or how about an opt out thingy?

"I opt-out of this bike jacking." Thanks.

? I'm not sure why you have posted this response. Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I asked some valid questions, which I'd like addressed before I donate any money.

Please refrain from hijacking my post, which asked valid questions, ones that I'm sure will have answers at some point.

What about my questions, MJ, made you post this response btw?

I'm happy to donate a healthy sum to this cause, but I expect this to be dealt with in a proper fashion. Any problems? PM me then.

edit: oh, and as an outsider, by reading those Cyclelab terms and conditions, it looks like a tacit attempt at marketing guised as philanthropy. It smacks of bad taste and defeats the altruistic nature of such an exercise. Why should I be subject to spam and waiving my rights in order to help with a donation?

Edited by grb285

? I'm not sure why you have posted this response. Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I asked some valid questions, which I'd like addressed before I donate any money.

Please refrain from hijacking my post, which asked valid questions, ones that I'm sure will have answers at some point.

What about my questions, MJ, made you post this response btw?

I'm happy to donate a healthy sum to this cause, but I expect this to be dealt with in a proper fashion. Any problems? PM me then.

Let me ask you this - is your response the same for entering races online?

But, that said, if this is the way you do things then who am I to stand in your way boet.

*Mj steps back and lets the man pass*

"Die beste stuurlui staan aan wal."Rough translation : The okes who think they can do a better job are all standing ashore.

How big an expose` could you have in one insert? If only one stabbing or rape gets prevented due to this program, it was already worth it.

I was hijacked 2years ago on a roadbike. Not a nice experience.

Joined the facebook page.Made a small donation. Agree need to know where the money goes.

Edited by Blokman