So, Be Honest...

'Dale

Wishful thinking :unsure: Average is about 17 degrees and think I haev ridden once without leg and arm warmers :blush: . That day it was about 24 degrees, but felt like Cape Town at 35 degrees!!!

Stunning riding out here though, long roads, little traffic out the back roads and when there are cars, they pass on the OTHER side of the road :thumbup:

Miss SA and the sun, but LOVE riding here :rolleyes:

Sound like a lekka place to ride man thumbup1.gif.....you miss the Atlantic seaboard...that I know...rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use a scale but think 1-2kg's this winter. The cold makes it really challenging to make wise food choices :(

This winter's been BAAD man; 176 and weigh 72.6

Same height, weight at 60kg. Will lose about 1kg when I step up the training now.

Down a k from my pre-Argus weight. Have a bit more to loose, but overall happy with where I am - no need to go skeletal.

Mads, just shout so we can arrange some uphill motivational routes for you. I'm always keen...

from 94kg to 82kg @ 1.84 ,about 4 months of hard work, another 6kg to go for ideal weight. Lots more hard work needed.

from 94kg to 82kg @ 1.84 ,about 4 months of hard work, another 6kg to go for ideal weight. Lots more hard work needed.

Those last few are the hardest before ideal weight.

<_<

Good going!

In February I cut bread rolls from my lunch to salads with chicken, and dropped from 77kgs to 74. Then in March in time for the Argus I cut corn flakes from breakfast and replaced it with corn flakes and with training got down to 72kgs within a couple of weeks. For dinner I also have a lot of salads, vegetables and fruit with a healthy (small) dose of chicken or beef. Pasta and bread is for the days before a race or hard training session only. I did the Panorama and the Sani2C and got down to 71kg's. I'm now at about 73, and want to get down to 70 in time for the Logico Swazi in October. I've taken my belt down 2 notches and people who haven't seen me for a while say nice things like "hey, you've lost weight!" Oats is the bomb- with chopped pecans, raisins, a couple of spoons of muesli and a spoon of honey.

i've picked up about 4.5 kg's, this winter, but I dod manage to tear all the ligements in my ankle so Ive been off the bike for the last 5 weeks :thumbdown: And ill find out tomorrow when I can start again which really sucks!

So in short Im gonna really struggle when I evenutally get back on the bike - whenever that is :cursing:

You weigh 2 (road bikes) less than you did!

2 road bikes?! My bike probably weighs 14kg - Colnago steel bikes aren't the lightest things on earth. (Apparently the forks weigh as much as an entire Cervelo frame. Scary!)

Anyway, I'm 1.75 and weighed 57kg at the last count. Dropped 3kg and a few percent bodyfat just by cutting out biscuits this winter. I ate a LOT of biscuits.

well i was tired of the tyre.

only just got into MTB "proper" beginning of the year and having been a rugby player for the last 12 years i was/is on the heavy side.

Height: 176cm

weight: 95kg

body fat%: 17%

so i was "stocky"

having quit rugby at the end of last season i started to pack on the pounds abit and not in a good way.

january 2011 i was 99kg. so decided to start riding a bit more than the occasional 20km loop at northerns.

over the course of 4 months I went down to 97/96kg and was stuck there no matter how hard i rode/spun/trained and I still had my boep. something had do be done as i was now being killed on the climbs by my lighter riding partner.

so in June i went a saw a dietician.

thinking i was gonna have to radically change my eating habits and start buying all kinds of weird food and what not, i was pleasantly surprised.

she started off by asking me what i typically eat in a given day and then what was in my fridge and cupboards at home. she asked me what my training was like and what my goals are.

2 days later i picked up my custom eating plan and was happy to see that it contained all the things that i normally ate just in better portions and at better times of the day. i could even eat a cheese burger.

3 weeks in and I had lost 10kgs.

so now I am sitting on 87kg dont know my body fat but will get it tested once i reach my goal of 85kg, have let the diet slide a bit recently but getting married in a couple of weeks so will hit it hard again after the honeymoon.

so in total lost 12kgs this winter

Eish, Ive picked up about 4.5 Kg's this winter! It

Its been a combonation of working my @ss off at work and tearing all the ligements in my ankle!

Ive been off the bike for 5 weeks now and I dont think ill be getting on any time soon! Starting Physio tomorrow so hopefully the physio will have some good news for me - although I am K@King myself for my first ride - Im gonna suffer, but it will be worth it :D

I started riding at the end of April with a weight of 96kg and I am currently at 88kg but I would like to reach my goal of 75kg by the end of the year so I have a lot of work cut out for me... O and I am 180cm tall.

My ultimate weight goal is under 70kg but I know this is going to take a while.