divernick

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a set or road wheels (Tiagra hubs and Alex wheels) for you if you want them or need them.

Where can I drop them off?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all.

I got such a heart-wrenching email just now - copied and pasted below.

Please let me know if anyone can assist with a small road bike.

Thanks!

The story about Moses: (sent in by Melody Eggar)

I thought I would tell you a brief story of Moses Shange “Pretorius” a little boy who’m my sister bought into our family around 11 years ago.

Abrie met Moses (Now 21!) as a patient at JHB General hospital whilst he was a patient of hers. Moses suffered from severe Renal failure., and due to his poor family background hardly had any visitors from family. It took Abrie 3 months to win over Moses’s trust to just greet her – never mind have a conversation with her.

Well, 10 years later, after numerous death scares, infections and lots of trials and tribulations with dialysis Moses finally received a kidney transplant  (donated by his brother!)two years ago!

Now Abrie is not one who allows anyone to pitty themselves! She always guides him to health, makes him exercise and teaches him to be grateful daily!

I am proud to say that Moses participated in his first South African Transplant games this past weekend, and we are so proud of him! He participated in the 20km cycle race, the 100m sprint and also the 1500 m race. Out of all these events Moses has decided that he would love to train and participate / compete in cycle challenges / races and he would love to help raise awareness for organ donation. For him to do this though he needs a proper road bike – and that is why I am writing to you. Any assistance in helping Moses reach this dream will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by divernick

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I have someparts that i would like to send you. I have a crank and RD and FD and cluster. . It came off my commuter bike that i converted to a Single speed.

Still using the brakes unfortunatly  but will see if i can take off the brake/gear levers  this weekend and replace with just brake levers.