Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

I have almost a complete 26"bike that I was planning to use to build a single speed. I really have bugger all time and so after a few years need to accept that I'll need to make an alternative plan for my SS

It's effectively a medium Merida Matt TFS 300. Missing very few parts but I have complete wheel sets, seat post, stem, saddle, handlebars, brakes (hydraulic), cranks and a lot of other stuff.

You'll make my wife very happy if you take it off my hands.

EDIT: I see you have a venue at the bike park. I'll drop the stuff off for you. The frame has most of the paint stripped, I was really gonna pimp it  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Edited by Jigghead

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jigghead, much appreciated! Just tell the bike park reception that it's for Build a Bike. Please let me know when you've dropped it off so that I can get it ready for donation ASAP.

This is Gift, a gardener who works in Paulshof and lives in Alexandra. Today his life got a bit easier. We gave him this bike so that he can now ride instead of walk.

post-19617-0-17405500-1462874325_thumb.jpg

Laziness means I don't really want to read the whole thread.

ease repeat any info for where we can drop parts off. Have a few things I would like to donate please.

Yes, that's right. Just leave the parts at reception and tell them it's for Build a Bike.

Thanks in advance.

I have quite a few things to donate before I leave the country (less than 2 weeks).

Where can I drop off? PWC?

Yes please!

This bike came to life this weekend at our new workshop at the PWC bike park. Will go to a new home real soon!

13177990_1142104285813774_36175855144153

Nelson with his new bike. I never get tired of seeing the smiles when these guys get a new bike from us.

13124450_1137192662971603_58055853189283

My gardener cried when I gave him one of my bikes.(not because it was so bad, he was just overjoyed)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The course on 18 June is full. If you'd like to attend, please book on the next one happening on 9 July. Visit www.buildabikesa.com for more info.

Edited by divernick

• 1 month later...

Here are the bikes I built on #MandelaDay.

So with more than 70 bikes built and donated I've decided that the natural progression of this initiative is that I should take it on full-time. Scary. Especially considering that I'm the bread-winner in the family and have 2 small sons.

The only way I can see this work is to get some kind of corporate sponsorship.

If anyone has contacts that could help me, please pass them on :)

post-19617-0-31842300-1469179096_thumb.jpg

Have a 29er Momsen frame for you - I will bring it up - when are you there normally?

Thanks Paul.

I have no fixed schedule at the moment. 

You're welcome to leave it at the bike park reception whenever suits you best.

Cheers!