Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

Please check your mail via your website. I have a few items I want to get to you!

Thanks for getting in touch Wimpie!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I need MTB frames, cranks and forks please.

If you can help, please get in touch.

Simply reply here, send me a PM or email me at nick (at) buildabikesa .com

• 3 weeks later...

Something cool happening on Friday next week for Mandela Day. Our first celebrity bike build-off. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more info.

Www.facebook.com/buildabikesa

10470881_790894854268054_7655500004787238727_n.jpg

last night a Build-a-Bike recipient, a security guard at my complex, brought his bike to use my pump for a tubeless tyre sealant top up. While attaching the pump the valve crumbled so we popped a new one in. Then we gave the bike a quick once-over. The cranks felt loose, so I suspected a worn BB. This is what happened when I removed the left crank arm. (See pic) The bottom bracket was so worn that it fell apart as soon as the crank arm was removed. So we installed a new BB. (Thanks Tool-up Cycles for donating a slightly used one). Then I asked him if anything else needed attention. He said the bike was too soft. Some air in the fork and shock and he's now good for another few thousand kilometers!

• 2 weeks later...

1017517_794272980596908_6676288443020652579_n.jpg

Daniel came to collect the bike we built on Mandela day. He lives in Tembisa and would normally walk to Woodmead at 4am to get to work on time. Now he can at least sleep til 6!

Thanks go to Jason who donated a whole bag of parts to our initiative last night, including derailleurs, shifters, brakes and a fork.

Thanks a million!

Edited by divernick

On of our Build-a-Bike recipients, Vusa was robbed of his bike today near Tembisa.

The bike has a FOX fork, is blue and silver and has ORANGE plastic pedals.

Please be on the lookout in the Midrand/Tembisa area and call the cops if it's spotted. i am trying to get the case number and will put it up here as soon as i have it.

Thanks in advance.

post-19617-0-09521100-1406528975_thumb.jpg

We desperately need the following parts for a few guys who have been waiting ages for bikes:

Small and Medium 26er MTB frames

MTB wheels, hubs, spokes and rims. In any condition.

MTB forks and cranks.

Thanks! It doesn't mean much to you or me but it makes a profound difference in the lives of the recipients!

Thanks in advance!

Nick, where are you based?

Have started cleaning out some cupboards and have a lot of 7spd, 8spd stuff, old forks and might have a frame and wheels.

Will finalise cleaning out this weekend and should be able to drop off stuff sometime next week.

Nick, where are you based?

Have started cleaning out some cupboards and have a lot of 7spd, 8spd stuff, old forks and might have a frame and wheels.

Will finalise cleaning out this weekend and should be able to drop off stuff sometime next week.

I've sent you a PM. Thanks so much!