Cajees Fourways sucks

chris_w_65

When you get the bike - check that the items listed as standard spec are still on the bike. Friend of mine got his bike and the Fizik Gobi had mysteriusly changed to Golden Lion Special.

HAHA!

I hope he got the Gobi back in the end

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I changed the title of the thread. Fatima at Cajees Princess Crossing will swop out the crank for R550.00 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good show!

And now you paid more than you would have at Westdene (from your other thread). Hope you have learnt your lesson...Enjoy the ride.

No, same price. The bike came as per manufacturer specs but Cajees just forgot to mention it was not a full SLX bike

When you buy form Cajees and Solomons you must have the spec sheet of that specific bike in your hand, an you must know what to look for. Even print their advertisement with their specs on.

Cajees are shark SH**,

i was in a position of having to change my girlfriends tubeless tires and in the process of shopping around (always believe its best to check, if for nothing more than a window shopping session)and happened to be in the sevens centre one sunday hence a trip into the shop.

now i have a few problems with the store which i will list:

2. the staff were standing right outside the store in a plume of blue cigarette smoke when we arrived( as an ex smoker there is nothing worse that the smell of tobacco)( admittedly i know this is a pet hate and over looked it).
  3. we were asked by one of the guys that smelled like an ashtray if he could help, to which i stated we were looking for tubeless tires.
  4. i was shown to the wall of stock they had and advised that the continental tires are best for her type of riding( OK admittedly i was playing dumb to a degree).
  5. i then asked about the Maxxis tires as i have them on my bike and love them.
  6. i was handed a set priced at R595 each!!
  7. i know the price of these and almost fell over when i saw their price. when i stated he was mad i could get the online for R400 he went off and came back saying that was too low, best he could do is R450.( this is where i have a problem, i will pay what something is worth but refuse to be ripped off).
  8. so after deciding against them we made a trip to Solomon and got the exact set for R380 a tire>

ok end of vent

I think Cajees is alright if you do your homework. I check around before I go there.

What I don't understand though is the Princess Crossing branch. The shop is huge and yet there are always empty boxes strewn all over, spares chucked on the floor, nowhere to walk through the bikes and browse around and the staff, well, thats another story!

Princess Crossing helped me out OK, they messed up and fitted a 2x10 first but I told them I am a woesie so they changed it to a 3x10

Cajees are shark SH**,

i was in a position of having to change my girlfriends tubeless tires and in the process of shopping around (always believe its best to check, if for nothing more than a window shopping session)and happened to be in the sevens centre one sunday hence a trip into the shop.

now i have a few problems with the store which i will list:

1. the staff were standing right outside the store in a plume of blue cigarette smoke when we arrived( as an ex smoker there is nothing worse that the smell of tobacco)( admittedly i know this is a pet hate and over looked it).
  2. we were asked by one of the guys that smelled like an ashtray if he could help, to which i stated we were looking for tubeless tires.
  3. i was shown to the wall of stock they had and advised that the continental tires are best for her type of riding( OK admittedly i was playing dumb to a degree).
  4. i then asked about the Maxxis tires as i have them on my bike and love them.
  5. i was handed a set priced at R595 each!!
  6. i know the price of these and almost fell over when i saw their price. when i stated he was mad i could get the online for R400 he went off and came back saying that was too low, best he could do is R450.( this is where i have a problem, i will pay what something is worth but refuse to be ripped off).
  7. so after deciding against them we made a trip to Solomon and got the exact set for R380 a tire>

ok end of vent

There slogan on their website is "Cajees will better any quoted price on Bicycles & Accessories !

Does't seem to extend to bicycle parts though.

This thread had 566 views already in 9 hours, that bearded fool should have kept the customer happy and not tried to rip me off :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

This thread had 566 views already in 9 hours, that bearded fool should have kept the customer happy and not tried to rip me off :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Keep your eyes open and know your product and next time you can even put ears on the bearded fool, whoever he is!

Princess Crossing helped me out OK, they messed up and fitted a 2x10 first but I told them I am a woesie so they changed it to a 3x10

Ja, and now all you have to do is actually realize that your wheels are way to big-- then you can accuse the shop of selling you a clown bike.

And how could Princess Crossing put a 2x10 on that bike??? that be totally inexcusable, they should have noticed the size of the wheels and realized for themselves that your a wuss.

Glad you got your crank.

Cajees Fourways are as useful as a Zimbabwean election!!! :angry:

I'd rather drive 20km away than go to them out of convenience, they stuffed me around for 6 weeks, took my bike to Johnsons Cycle Works in Edenvale and got it sorted in 3 days at no real cost.

Cajees Fourways are as useful as a Zimbabwean election!!! :angry:

I'd rather drive 20km away than go to them out of convenience, they stuffed me around for 6 weeks, took my bike to Johnsons Cycle Works in Edenvale and got it sorted in 3 days at no real cost.

You take your bike to Cajees for a service? SERIOUSLY? - then you must maar suffer the consequinces. The only thing you do at Cajees is to bargain for a better price and you will get it, but then you MUST know what you want to buy!

You take your bike to Cajees for a service? SERIOUSLY? - then you must maar suffer the consequinces. The only thing you do at Cajees is to bargain for a better price and you will get it, but then you MUST know what you want to buy!

Nope, never took the bike to them for service, thats done by me with a cooler box full of ice cold beers alongside to lubricate my internals.

I bought the bike from them, the rear shock was not working properly, the propedal lever did nothing no matter which way it was flipped.

6 weeks of BS stories from that oke who cant even fit on a bike made me realise how useless they truly are, their expertise is lying to the customer, not customer service. Once they have your bucks you become a number.

Bought a bike from Cajees and on the phone I say I want minimum SLX and they tell me it is SLX/XT. I get it home and see it has a Deore crank. I call them this morning and remind them that as per them it should have had an SLX crank so can I upgrade/exchange and pay in the difference. The guy tells me I must pay in R2000.00. He is mad, you can pick up a brand new crank at my LBS for R1400.00 with no trade in.

The price difference between the Deore and SLX is only R400.00, you would think they would try and help the customer out to keep them happy instead of having them post negative comments on the hub. Instead they are trying to rip me off for something they said would be on the bike :thumbdown: :angry:

FFS! Go and cry to your Momma. You went home with it and then only complained? What are you, two years old? Get a grip on reality already.