How much should you spin to get super fit?

tunariaan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were aware of the ultra-leftist tendencies that were aimed at uplifting pseudo-Marxist predispositions at the expense of the revolutionary recognition of the symbiotic link between national liberation and social emancipation; born out of the acknowledgment of the interplay between the national oppression and class exploitation; in the context of the national democratic revolution.

Sorry Tunariaan, it seems this thing is just going one way, and it's that earlier post that started it all. Just a suggestion , re-word the thing to something like "Spinning as cross training" or something that the duathlon or triathlon guys may pick up on. Put that last detailed post in.Maybe you have better luck then.

WOW! Are you in middle management with a large blue chip company by any chance? You could come and chair one of our meetings! Throw in a few three letter acronyms and you might even get yourself a corner office!

Ha bloody ha!! Nope, I'm merely a professional coach that cannot tolerate the warped advice some "professionals" give ...

Will the gentleman with the favourable disposition towards life , kindly refrain from making disparaging remarks towards musicians from the sixth and seventh decade of the previous millenium .

Afraid this thread has lost it.And Luke I'm 53 not 75. :)

Hey, sorry man, I like a bit of Creedence myself. I find they go well with whiskey and maybe a joint. Spinning classes not so much tongue.gif

I did one spinning class in 2005 and none since...will I never be super fit?

ergh yeah... spinning classes are the pits. 90% of the time the instructor has no idea about structured intervals.

but if you go sit on a spin bike with a structured program and stick to it for 6 weeks, you will be able to make improvements. IDT allows for far more structured and precise training than riding on the road. but holy fk - its boring

Ha bloody ha!! Nope, I'm merely a professional coach that cannot tolerate the warped advice some "professionals" give ...

Simple English would have come across better as echoed by others on this thread.

Cognative dissonace is the discomfort you feel from holding conflicting ideas simultaneously, please explain how this is relevent.

Die brein dien as antisiperende reguleerder - hy bereken voortdurend of die hulpbronne beskikbaar vir beweging genoegsaam is om jou deur die aktiwiteit te sien. Indien hy van mening is dat jy gaan swaar trek begin hy om hekkies in te bou om jou te inhibeer. Al kan jy fisies die aktiwiteit voltooi begin jou brein om die beginsel van kognitiewe dissonansie in te span om jou te verhoed. Daar is baie navorsing daaroor gedoen, bv die hitte-staking van die liggaam tydens warm omstandighede terwyl die liggaam se temperatuur inderwaarheid steeds 100% is ...

Cognative dissonace is the discomfort you feel from holding conflicting ideas simultaneously, please explain how this is relevent.

Die brein dien as antisiperende reguleerder - hy bereken voortdurend of die hulpbronne beskikbaar vir beweging genoegsaam is om jou deur die aktiwiteit te sien. Indien hy van mening is dat jy gaan swaar trek begin hy om hekkies in te bou om jou te inhibeer. Al kan jy fisies die aktiwiteit voltooi begin jou brein om die beginsel van kognitiewe dissonansie in te span om jou te verhoed. Daar is baie navorsing daaroor gedoen, bv die hitte-staking van die liggaam tydens warm omstandighede terwyl die liggaam se temperatuur inderwaarheid steeds 100% is ...

Fitness - look it up - it exists!

'Cognative' you just invented.

Jammer indien ek verkeerdelik van die veronderstelling was dat die argument binne die definisie van begrip deur almal geakkommodeer sou word. By implikasie, alhoewel die woord "fiksheid" wel bestaan verwys dit, aldus die jongste navorsing, na die vermoe om die brein aan stimuli bloot te stel sodat jy die regulerende eienskap an die brein kan beinvloed. "Cognative" is 'n typo en moet lees "cognitive".

If you are not doing intervals then you are wasting your time.

Which can be achieved in a spinning class

Edited by Grebel

Hey, sorry man, I like a bit of Creedence myself. I find they go well with whiskey and maybe a joint. Spinning classes not so much tongue.gif

No need to apoligise.You hit the nail on the head.

Which can be achieved in a spinning class

Just take note that you basically get 2 type of intervals: the one aimed at producing lactate and the other at processing lactate. The types of intervals correlate with the energy systems in your body and the difference resides in the ratio between high intensity and rest. Doing intervals for the sake of intervals is good, but having them focused is better ...

Try the spinning classes firstly the babes are great.

Try different instructors as some of them havent got a clue.

You see by the classes, the classes that are full normally have good instructors.

You will soon establish who is good and who is not so base your routine around that.