Nitida DS Action

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posible to tag along? Need to dust off the legs and bike.

For sure, bro... Nothing stopping you!

So what are a fair pair of flat pedals to get, nothing to expensive? And who else sells decent inexpensive full face helmets.

Looked at all the online stores and all well over R1k.

Flats - there are a few choices, but unfortunately cheap = crap unless you're prepared to replace the set screws or pins. For example - both Capricorn and I have the stock Giant / mosh bikes flat pedals, which are *** out the box and won't even let a pair of 510's grip them. I'm replacing the set screws on them this week for longer versions, which should fix the kakness. Those flats go for around R 200. But you can get ones that are much better, for not much more. Go to Revolution and see what they have there. If memory serves, they have about 2 other options at the moment, but you know the guys there - they're happy to help and will order anything you need....

Insofar as full face helmets go, I'm afraid that there's no cheap & easy route for this. I just hit a helluva luck with mine! Try Olympic, or failing that I saw CWC online had a special on a 661 full face helmet which I seem to recall was a pretty good deal locally.

Dammit! you guys in CT have all the cool stuff!

Yes we do!!!! You need to come down here more often to check it out!

Okay - managed to find a great deal.

Recycles have a special on at the moment, Bell Ballistic helmets for R895.

indeed! Got my new set screws for the pedals. Total cost? R 10. Win.

Cap - don't know if you got my message yesterday. The set screws are 4mm di. I'm gonna have to grind the tops off of them though, cos they're not flush to the pedals.

I must go take a look!

When are you guys planning to hit up the DS track this weekend? Sat? Sun? What time?

i'm keen for Sunday.