Nitida DS Action

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought we was going to delvera and then hit up the DS track on the way back.. or did I miss the memo again? :unsure:

No, you're right. Chubba just can't make Saturday, and Wes has the memory of a squirrel

i thought we was going to delvera and then hit up the DS track on the way back.. or did I miss the memo again? :unsure:

i meant keen for delvera pump and 4x on Sunday.

Have sick baby and wife at home, so have limited time to play on Sat.

Not the end of the world tho, I can always go next weekend!

Edited by Chubba

I need to spend some long overdue family time with wife and kids, so we're doing stuff on Saturday morning - I'll probably swing by the DS track in the arvie to join you guys, but I'll miss Delvera. Will play it by ear.

I'm doing family this weekend too, so will hit Tokai Saturday. Gonna miss all the action and what's worse is, I am so amped to to ride Delvera!!

:(

Chubba, i might be keen to join your ass at Delvera, you gonna ride the trails as well or jsut play in the kiddie pool?

Chubba, i might be keen to join your ass at Delvera, you gonna ride the trails as well or jsut play in the kiddie pool?

Can do a bit of both.

awesome... I'm broken today! only got home at 18h30!

Lekka - went through this morning and played around. Good fun and tiring.

Also did some of the XC route looking for the "Northshore" bridges, but could not find them.

Also popped past Nitida on the way home to have a few runs, also fun but way too short!

Just an idea, is there no where around Tokai, that a few jumps can be built on flat ground, for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders? Would not require to much space.

As much fun as the pump track is, it's still not (for me anyway) an easy place to learn to jump and land.

Lekka - went through this morning and played around. Good fun and tiring.

Also did some of the XC route looking for the "Northshore" bridges, but could not find them.

Also popped past Nitida on the way home to have a few runs, also fun but way too short!

Just an idea, is there no where around Tokai, that a few jumps can be built on flat ground, for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders? Would not require to much space.

As much fun as the pump track is, it's still not (for me anyway) an easy place to learn to jump and land.

LOLz!

The Northshore bridges are all covered in grass and foliage. That place needs some maintenance! Pittstop & I were having a look while we were walking back up after each run. There is LOADS of stuff that's been covered by growth, and it would be far better after a concerted weekend of clearage.

Having said that - the track we did (and possibly you did) was the 4x (four cross) track - not the pump track. If you remember, the Pump Track vid shows a 15m x 25m section of flat terrain with just whoops and tabletops & berms. Not anything like the sloped 4x track that we rode...

I could not find the Pump Track that was shown in the vid. But I have to say - my confidence on the DH bike was steadily climbing the longer I was riding there. Was almost clearing the 1st tabletop section after the starting ramp! Was just hitting the lip at the end, which was slowing me down quite severely. But I can envisage myself spending a lot of time down there. Just wish it wasn't so FAR!

And yes - we need something like that closer to home, but at a level that's lower than the UCT jumps, for us beginners, that don't have massive gaps between kicker & landing!

Oh - on a side note - the steak sandwiches at Nitida are aaaaaaaaawesome! Especially after 5 hours of riding. mmmmmmm!

+++++++ for the Nitida steak sandwitches!

Yeah. We walked in there, and the waitress knew EXACTLY what to give us.

Her: "You look hungry"

me: "thirsty too"

her: "what can I get you?"

me: "what do you have?"

her: "how about 2 steak sandwiches?"

Me: "Awesome"

her: "2 amstels?"

Me: "we're riding some more after this"

her: "2 cokes then"

me: "awesome"

Her: "and a plate of chips to share? They really go well with the sarmie"

me: "perfect"

Only when Pittstop & I had sat down did we see the price of them. Were they worth it? HELL yes.

Hey guys,

Spoke to the Dirtopia Trail Centre at Delvera last weekend and they filled in the pump track a while ago. Just trails and 4x track at the moment. Really sucks since I'm back on the jumper again and looking to skill up after a lengthy break (as in time, not bones).

Been riding the 4x track 2 Saturdays in a row now (never been there before that) and it's been really useful to improve bike skills.

Anybody hitting Delvera again this weekend?

Hey guys,

Spoke to the Dirtopia Trail Centre at Delvera last weekend and they filled in the pump track a while ago. Just trails and 4x track at the moment. Really sucks since I'm back on the jumper again and looking to skill up after a lengthy break (as in time, not bones).

Been riding the 4x track 2 Saturdays in a row now (never been there before that) and it's been really useful to improve bike skills.

Anybody hitting Delvera again this weekend?

Cool track, just a bit of a drive to get there. Would like to have a look at the UCT pump track.

Edited by Chubba