Dear Giant, please send the Reign to South Africa

wesley_r

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the price on the reign frames?

Anyone got an older 1 they want to sell?

I'm looking as well, mate. Spoke to an LBS today - apparently the price of a new frame is approx 10k. Not sure if that's the 0,1 or 2, but hey. It's a start. EDIT: It HAS to be a special order. No local stock.

2nd hand - no way, you b4stard. That's mine!!! thumbup1.gif

Edited by cptmayhem

As I understand they bring in generic frames for warranty without shock. So if you are looking for frameset then you would need to order special.

You know you could also be looking for a VT frame. The Reign replaced the VT. It pedals well, sure it ain't a Maestro but.. It will take a 150mm fork and shock and can take a beating, in fact it is recommended.

I'm looking as well, mate. Spoke to an LBS today - apparently the price of a new frame is approx 10k. Not sure if that's the 0,1 or 2, but hey. It's a start. EDIT: It HAS to be a special order. No local stock.

As I understand they bring in generic frames for warranty without shock. So if you are looking for frameset then you would need to order special.

You know you could also be looking for a VT frame. The Reign replaced the VT. It pedals well, sure it ain't a Maestro but.. It will take a 150mm fork and shock and can take a beating, in fact it is recommended.

Mayhem, I think Pain or Shine is just afraid of us getting our hands on frames like that "purple Reign" of hissssss! He knows when he has an advantage on the mountain and he wants to keep it, I would've done the same! More hissssssing! wink.png

Generic frames? Generic never sounds good, but if it's only without shock it could be at a lower price, but I guess not that much.

@10k I'll rather pick wait & pick up a good second hand 1. Then again - a new frame - hhhmmmm...

I missed out on a very nicely priced Reign 2. Think it was a 2006 model @ R6000!!!

Was considering to pull through to Jhb on the weekend to check out the bike, but it got sold on wednesday already blush.png

I missed out on a very nicely priced Reign 2. Think it was a 2006 model @ R6000!!!

Was considering to pull through to Jhb on the weekend to check out the bike, but it got sold on wednesday already blush.png

Not sure if they still have it but Cajees at Princess Crossing had an older Reign going a few weeks back, not sure of price. Going there this morning and will see if its still there and the price and size

Edited by Mojoman

Not sure if they still have it but Cajees at Princess Crossing had an older Reign going a few weeks back, not sure of price. Going there this morning and will see if its still there and the price and size

Cool let me know what's in store & what you've decided.

I am pretty sure that Cajees in Fourways has a Reign X in stock still. I think it is a 2009 model with the pierced down tube - glory hole!

Cool let me know what's in store & what you've decided.

Its still there, a blue one, medium they said. Looking at 10k but I am sure they are negotiable. Give Fatima a call