The sub7 - Majick Forests FUN timed run

nigelhicks

Just start riding stuff that you feel mildly uncomfortable with then take it from there. You probably see some things now that you never dream of riding but the most rewarding thing is when you come back in a couple of months / a year and then ride it perfectly :)

For sure. I bought an AM bike about a year ago, so that's at least a step in the right direction. And I'm already taking smaller jumps and drops that I would never do previously. But I must admit taking big drops and jumps still freaks me out. And I think that's where proper protective gear will make a big diff in getting me to take the next step.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah dude ... get a full face .. and then take your 29er put the seat down and go ride a provincial DH in the fun class ...

What??!! 29'er !! Are you insane !! Those are meant for clowns! Do I look funny to you!

Nah, boet, I have an Intense Tracer as my AM rig. More bike than I can handle at this stage.

For sure. I bought an AM bike about a year ago, so that's at least a step in the right direction. And I'm already taking smaller jumps and drops that I would never do previously. But I must admit taking big drops and jumps still freaks me out. And I think that's where proper protective gear will make a big diff in getting me to take the next step.

Also trying to do this more and also *** off for the bigger stuff. I need to work on my landings because this is where it's going pear shaped.

Would love to build a small jump somewhere and build it bigger as I get more confident. Need to reckie a small piece of land and get some dirt.

Could I claim squatting rights if I do this?

What??!! 29'er !! Are you insane !! Those are meant for clowns! Do I look funny to you!

Nah, boet, I have an Intense Tracer as my AM rig. More bike than I can handle at this stage.

And it's a sweet looking bike!

Oh sorry dude ... whos the oke with the 29er then that posted a time here??? ... aaah i was thinking of Brussel!!!

Dude your tracer will be PERFECT ... take that thing lower the seat and off you go!

Edited by nigelhicks

Oh sorry dude ... whos the oke with the 29er then that posted a time here??? ... aaah i was thinking of Brussel!!!

Dude your tracer will be PERFECT ... take that thing lower the seat and off you go!

Hie hie... I'm way ahead of you boet. Got the Rockshox Reverb. :clap:

That's awesome. You drive a hard bargain sir!

Ja I guess the first step is to get the right gear (FF helmet, pads etc) and go from there. And then see how quickly the confidence grows. Take it step by step.

Banna I started about 2 yrs ago coming from XC (and i am a late 30'ies laaitie), we started small and progressed. Now I can keep my balance!

It's a really cool way to ride, not that I can do 5m gaps and 4m drops at all. The rock drop at Boomslang in Tokai was my first obstacle and victory and it took me a few months to conquer it. Now it's a breeze and even the triple jumps in DH3 Tokai.

So, it's never too late.

My small chirp from the side.

hahaha

that bit up there is actually pretty cool , but then you need to go ALL the way up - to the back fence. Some nice bits of trail up there, not very long compared to the climb to get there though...

Ja thats the problem. I don't wanna really get to the top and find its a 500m ride! The effort has to be worth or more than the reward.

Shot for info

Banna I started about 2 yrs ago coming from XC (and i am a late 30'ies laaitie), we started small and progressed. Now I can keep my balance!

It's a really cool way to ride, not that I can do 5m gaps and 4m drops at all. The rock drop at Boomslang in Tokai was my first obstacle and victory and it took me a few months to conquer it. Now it's a breeze and even the triple jumps in DH3 Tokai.

So, it's never too late.

My small chirp from the side.

Cool stuff. Thx for the comments. You okes are making the right noises, so keep them coming!

Hey guys, i am planning to go to majik forest on saturday but i have never been there before. So can you answer my stupid questions please! Where do you park. How long does it take to get up to the top of the trail? I am on a single speed. Do you have to pay or anything? Any other info would also be appreciated. Thanks guys. Hopefully see some of you up there.

Hey guys, i am planning to go to majik forest on saturday but i have never been there before. So can you answer my stupid questions please! Where do you park. How long does it take to get up to the top of the trail? I am on a single speed. Do you have to pay or anything? Any other info would also be appreciated. Thanks guys. Hopefully see some of you up there.

Park at the bottom off Jip de Jager road just after the final traffic light. The whole trail taking in all the singletrack (there are a few different options) is about 9km and takes about 45 - 55 minutes to do depending how hard and what bike your riding. It's all for free.

glad u posted up despite the traffic. Next time PW :) you reckon you can catch the clownbike?

Hoping to, waiting for a nice wet day to do it, i'll rip it up then :)