The sub7 - Majick Forests FUN timed run

nigelhicks

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after the compressions you go on for another 50 meters or so....added pic to show

OK so I just did a30 minute ride to loosen the legs after the weekend.

I did it in 5:56 from touching the beacon to touching the demolished rubbish bin at the road on 29er hardtail.

almost killed a laatjie hoping to "score" with his girlfriend

almost killed myself twice too :)

post-4715-0-49717100-1316443481.jpg

I did it in 5:56 from touching the beacon to touching the demolished rubbish bin at the road on 29er hardtail.

Er..sorry, we forgot to mention that no clown bikes allowed. So it doesn't count. ;)

there seems to be lots of confusion as to the "official" route. I'll make a plan to go ride it sometime this week with sports-tracker running, and i'll either take pics at each intersection or borrow someone's helmet cam :thumbup:

there seems to be lots of confusion as to the "official" route. I'll make a plan to go ride it sometime this week with sports-tracker running, and i'll either take pics at each intersection or borrow someone's helmet cam :thumbup:

How many cams do you need? I know of six... Hey GoPro guy, this will be cool.

Er..sorry, we forgot to mention that no clown bikes allowed. So it doesn't count. ;)

what about chicks on clown bikes?

what about chicks on clown bikes?

it seems there are no specifics to clown gender.. what do the rules say about girl clowns banna?

Edited by Pain or Shine

it seems there are no specifics to clown gender.. what do the rules say about girl clowns banna?

i vote ballerina outfits on clown bikes are in! :thumbup:

oh and this is an equal opportunities offer...

n1 brussel. must be fun chasing you down..;)

Wes, you can show up the clo... nein'er rider quite easily if you hadnt stopped and/or slowed down during your run.

If I can get to there tomorrow before work, I'll see what I can do.

More than likely Wednesday morning, tho.

Actually, I have to agree with a previous poster that this thread is really a bad idea. There is a specific sign up at the beacon that requests that you take it easy and not "race downhill" - due to the fact that Majik is shared with dog walkers, trail runners, teenagers that want to smoke and smooch, etc.

While I am definitely up for the challenge, we need to be sensitive to how we handle this - mountain biking in majik is constantly in jeoprady - the non cyclists are always looking for reasons to shut it down. Perhaps having a big thread about how fast we can get down the hill is not the wisest thing. If you're going to discreetly race down the hill when no-one's around (and share times with your buddies over that post-ride beer) that's one thing - but if we're going to publicly make a point of turning it into a challenge - and pitch up for a mass downhill "race" - I think we're asking for trouble.

Originally my comment about the 7 minutes was in response to Cap saying he wanted to take the Intense there, and me mentioning that I had once timed myself, and it took me about 7 minutes from beacon to road. Pushing your own limits is a part of mountain biking - no-one can expect you to go slow - only to be cautious and be aware that around every turn there could be someone on a leisurely walk (come to think of it, I need to strap a cowbell to my bars).

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a wet blanket. I know the guys at Tygerberg MTB go to a lot of effort to both maintain the trails and fight for the rights to use them. As much as I love this idea, I can't help but think we're making their lives difficult.

Hope I'm making some sort of sense - if not FLAME AWAY. Perhaps the trick is to approach Tygerberg MTB to organise some sort of formal event?

Edited by the_wes

errrm. valid point wetblanket. as a mass event, i'd agree it's a no-no, according to the rules.

but everyone knows the route.

do it by your lonesome, as honestly as possible, but post up your time in the thread. We got some good insights here in this thread as to when the quiet times are, but as NiHi also stated earlier, if u on the gas, but the tannie rolls into view.. handbrake barspins into the trees are mandatory.

If we want proper 1-oh-4s, tokai is gonna have to be it, or we can measure manhoods at the DS track. As wes and everyone else who has been there knows, what looks simple, bares teeth under race conditions. ;)

Edited by Capricorn