The sub7 - Majick Forests FUN timed run

nigelhicks

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so my competitive spirit is getting out of hand here.

new time 5:29

GPS track of the route below

On a 29'er hardtail?

Chubba - it doesn't really matter what bike you use here. Yes, there are a couple of dropoffs and "jumps" but they can be easily rolled over. In fact, the HT will probably be faster due to the pedally sections...

We just wanted to have a jol, and jump off everything there was to jump off!

Chubba - it doesn't really matter what bike you use here. Yes, there are a couple of dropoffs and "jumps" but they can be easily rolled over. In fact, the HT will probably be faster due to the pedally sections...

We just wanted to have a jol, and jump off everything there was to jump off!

Not worried about the route/bike.

Interested to see what bikes these times are being achieved on. (granted, that its skill based)

indeed myles. shorter travel will rule as there aint any gnar there.

Also, a steeper head angle is perfect for that place.

Edited by Capricorn

indeed myles. shorter travel will rule as there aint any gnar there.

Also, a steeper head angle is perfect for that place.

Gnar! Gnar gnar gnar!

Yeah, I felt pretty "squishy" on the DH bike. But that might just have been as a result of my pooped-edness at the time!

yip, the trail is pretty smooth so it's going to be faster on a hardtail for sure

Hmpf... as soon as I'm back from Karoo to Coast I will attack Majik with a vengeance. I can't let a clown bike beat the magnificent and far superior Morewood Zula. O ja, there is the slight problem of the not so magnificent and far inferior rider of the Zula...

NiHi: put me down for a solid 7:38. Wes is probably a 7:00 flat. Myles, i cant remember. As bottomfeeder, that should get me stoked to go give it a proper go. :thumbup:

are you only timing coming down what about up? ;) only asking as i can only see the forrest and the uphill and the road going up to the beacon from my office.I am supposed to work but difficult when following downhill from my office window.No crashes as yet as i did not see any ambulances or dirtclouds over majik as yet this afternoon just looming dark clouds.Will see if i can give it a go this afternoon when all the people are walking with their dogs and children up the downhill part.enjoy :clap: